1993 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt

:cool:

Can I take credit for the Race Face headset? :LOL: ...I recall selling it to you a few years back I think :D

Should be a lovely build :)

Cheers

wadsy":6sogefn4 said:
:cool:

Can I take credit for the Race Face headset? :LOL: ...I recall selling it to you a few years back I think :D

Should be a lovely build :)

Cheers
sure, you can. you could well be right about that. i did pick it up from here quite a while back. ;)

so thoughts on this syncros stem? don't mind the other parts attached, didn't have a chance to take it all apart.

Attachments

• DSC05837.JPG
    DSC05837.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 490
mauricer":yz7p77ni said:
I would always - but that's what i always do - go for a quill stem.
I wouldn't as Rocky had left them behind as soon as ahead came out.

That grey stem is a late 90's GT owned model ?

roc6839":3is82bfb said:
What wheels are going on?

i have a temporary set that i'll use for now, but nothing yet that i would finally end up using. so still searching…

do you have something for me? :D

Beautiful frame, Frank. Glad it's going to see some life now. I agree that the pewter RF cranks, RF headset and RF bb are no-brainers. For my taste, I think I'd go black or ti for the stem/bar/seatpost. Assuming you have the right sizes and what-not.

No update on the Thunderbolt, but wanted to share a tidbit on the sign in the background. Just recalled one was listed on Vancouver craiglist some time last year in Vancouver. So I decided to dig through RBUK and see if I could find that thread I had posted about it.

www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=190648

Yee-Ouch! I recall it being pricey, but nothing close to the amount of $750! And before anyone asks, no this is not one in the same that I own now, I asked the prev owner if he was the buyer of that one.

Latest posts

Back