1990 Salsa ala carte, tropical jellybeans

It came with the customized ringle for the seat cluster, and I spent so much time customizing the hubs to work, that I decided to match the wheel qrs to it rather then have a bunch of mismatched bits. Once I find the right no logo for the post, I'll change them all to salsas

More pics in a bit

Such a sweet build :cool: I know the multi-mounts are rarer than rocking horse poo but the design seems fairly simple. Has anyone with the necessary skills/tools on here had a go at reproducing them or at least something similar do you know?

Not so easy to machine (at least for us who do not have access to a 6-axis mill), which is why I think they were cast instead of milled/machined.

There are some nice radiused fillets and other odd angles that would be quite hard to replicate with a simple mill and lathe.

wtb_mounts_1.jpg

That makes sense looking at them. The close up shows how thin they are at the narrow points which is why they were prone to failure I guess.

Lovely, great looking bike and truly awesome attention to detail!

A winner in my book :)

Rich

With that much WTB up front, the wheel set could really only be 1 thing...

BUT, Bontrager comp forks will not work with wide flanged front hubs. So I had to modify the front grease guard hub by adding 2.8mm of micro spacers to the outside, and cutting some new internal ones. That in addition to running the thick version of the comp legs, makes the front end actually work
salsafinished002.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Kville2274.jpg

50a2f563297f06e9581df5b71b03508a.jpg

Wrapped up with a fresh pair of fat ground controls

61cf1c8b44ec0ed84e02743b7275001e.jpg

torrosalsaride153-1.jpg

There isn't anything I dislike about this at all, Quite possibly my favourite bike on the site right now.

The work and attention to detail to have it set up correctly with your chosen build spec is Exceptional.

And it is clearly being ridden and enjoyed too.

Thanks for Sharing.

(p.s) How hard are the thumbshifter mounts to come by...?

Solid build. Especially enjoyed the little hand made bits needed to make it work, very cool stuff. Makes me want more steel bikes.

Back