yeti fro, new project ....now rebuilt....

Re: yeti fro, new project

slimjoe":3nzqicec said:
I cannot wait to see this build come together matey. I'll pull up a chair and wait for the next update :cool:

There's alot of chair pulling up going on at the mo for this one :LOL:

and even more Yeti owners wanting to join yah Martin on that plane to the USA...
not every day you get an offer like that :LOL:

Retro Spud":idtrojp7 said:
slimjoe":idtrojp7 said:
I cannot wait to see this build come together matey. I'll pull up a chair and wait for the next update :cool:

There's alot of chair pulling up going on at the mo for this one :LOL:

and even more Yeti owners wanting to join yah Martin on that plane to the USA...
not every day you get an offer like that :LOL:

Hi Nick,

Would be great for a load of old yeti riders to head over there..

One of the last rides before i strip it down for resto. thought i should make the best of the weather..

Photo taken on the silverhill trail teversal..

Ive already changed a few bits, ( for now ) , got rid of the etc seat post & cannondale seat, now has my 1st generation syncros post & a newish flite saddle, silver ringle bottle cage, new red yeti grips and the old avid SD-2.OL levers of my ultimate..

1990 yeti fro by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Some more pics of new parts for this build :

The red anodized ringle mojo's arrived this morning from the states..
Techlite lever's. used but in mint condition..
Yeti hardcore grips..
The red anidized frame mounted pully wheel , was ear marked for my ultimate, but suits the colour scheme of the fro a lot better.

For when i eventually i find a set of black old style 'cooks or cqp' cranks, some chain rings :

NOS middleburn outer ring 48t..
Onza buzz saw. 36t. used but nearly new..
NOS Onza buzz saw 26t..

The bearing cups are nos syncros for the ti bottom bracket...

Ive had this headset for years, its a really good one, but i would prefare to use the older style with the separate ball bearings.. so may sell this..

NOS shimano deare xt cartridge type, model number : HP-M740 ( 1.1/4 evoltion size )..

shimano deore xt 1.1/4 headset 'nos' by redfern1950s, on Flickr

I knew this bike would raise its head one day!

I know that both these bikes were bought from a shop in Lower Parkstone Poole Dorset, known then as Ride Cycleworks or possible Extreme. A friend of mine who used to own the shop years ago told me of one of the Yeti's been taken to the tip as he/she had passed away and it obviously didn't hold good memories. We always have cringed when we talk about that story! Gald to see one has survived and is been brougt back to life. I did look at this one on ebay myself, if you ever decide to sell please let me know, now I know its 'the one' be cool to have it around the area.

Cheers

Martyn

thebicycleco.com

hoylie":cp63gsss said:
I knew this bike would raise its head one day!

I know that both these bikes were bought from a shop in Lower Parkstone Poole Dorset, known then as Ride Cycleworks or possible Extreme. A friend of mine who used to own the shop years ago told me of one of the Yeti's been taken to the tip as he/she had passed away and it obviously didn't hold good memories. We always have cringed when we talk about that story! Gald to see one has survived and is been brougt back to life. I did look at this one on ebay myself, if you ever decide to sell please let me know, now I know its 'the one' be cool to have it around the area.

Cheers

Martyn

thebicycleco.com

Hi martyn,

Ye, that story about one being taken to the tip hurts my ears...

If i do ever decide to sell, i will let you know.

Some more parts arrived today..

The rear mech came off ebay and cost 99p ! the jockey wheels came from the states, although both are fitted, i will only be using the bottom one..., need to find the original ceramic bearing xt version for the top.
The bars are for now, until i can find some black hyperlites or syncros shimmed shotgun bars.

The ringle holey skewers where bought of here from 'antstark' ..

Nearly there...
just need some red ano bolts now.

Still using the bike as is, took it to sherwood pines twice this week......, , mud...., lots of it.
The last time i went there was to race back in 92ish.
Not a bad ride, done the red route, about 10miles, bit to organised for me, but the one way system, meant i could go flat out.., good fun
Its been nice to use this fro, with out having to worry about it.

These came in the post the other day.

NOS shimano xt cranks, i was looking for somw original cooks cranks, but with the majority available being 'used' i didnt want to risk the expence , only to find the tapers are shot...
These came of ebay and cost £66.

Will have red ano middle/outer bolts, bottom bracket will be the syncros ti unit that came with the bike.

Back