1st Adroit History and some pics

love it!!! also would love to see some diy weight weenie machining, i got into mtb's after i got out of precision grinding.....that was a shame!

I machined out the clamps on the shifters and brakes. Made my own titanium axels for the Bullseye hubs. I even made titanium sheet "L" brackets for the Ringle bottle cages, then machined out the centers out! LOL it was great fun.
Back In those days, you could not buy titanium bolts, what you could find was mostly military aircraft parts. So I would "collect" un-threaded blanks, set them up and machine metric threads. then dill out the heads

Attachments

• IMG_1934.JPG
    IMG_1934.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1938.JPG
    IMG_1938.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 604
Beautiful. I wish I would have kept my old Klein.

Did you have to se a different BB with the Bullseye cranks?

Press fit bullseye bb
73312bc244dcb31178ff576ca2cdaf04.jpg

It's cool to see you kept the keeper tab(color looks a little off..)but replaced the pinch bolt

Yep, that them! LOL
Funny about that tab. I once made one out of Titanium sheet that had a perfect profile, exactly matching the factory tab. I was so proud! The hours of work and torn up fingers from belt sanding and filing the tiny piece of un-obtanium and I had shaved another 1/453rd of a pound!!! (Shaking my head now) and I still had to drill the thru hole! It will be really lite then!!
Now.. how to drill the hole....hmmm
Set up a took makers vice at 90 deg. Make a small aluminum baking plate to support it. start with a small drill, so far.. so good
step up to larger drill.....
turn on machine, grab part, move tool makers vice in large vice, destroy part, break drill, lodge piece of broken drill in cheek....
The gods have spoken: "thou shalt have a steel tab..."
I did learn an important lesson that day..
Drill the hole first!

I'll take it! Send me a bill :) Looks like you are in the Southwest USA, I can pick it up personally. Just kidding, i know this is a keeper and not for sale. When the time comes to sell, shoot me a PM.

She's a beauty!

Actually its so covered with paint it is impossible to read.
I even tried making a rubbing and had no luck. Ill try to take some good pics of it

Back