Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT MC1

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1990 Shimano XT MC1

My 1990 Attitude with box crown fork and KLEIN embossed MC1 seal has a serial of BAT501, and my 1992 frame currently going for a repaint has a serial number of AA3... So it seems pinguwin would be right then.

And yeah, Top Guns became Rascals. Everyone knows that ;-)

mkozaczek":2qhsziem said:
Sigh... My work here is done.

It's more than likely a 1992 (1990 was AT and A) and Top Guns became Rascals not Pinnacles.

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT

Well, if i have learnt something here then at least where not to buy ..... thanks Rumpfy for filling us in that this isn't the sellers only shady sales story,

This is really bad form for a bike forum.
Trying to screw a sale up for someone.
Some members should really know better.
Just goes to show, members letting their personal vendettas get in the way.
Regardless of the sellers history, and i have looked, he is only selling a bike.
Isn't that what this forum is about.
Or are some judge, jury & executioner.
And he has changed his ad to reflect the subtle differences.
I only wish i could afford this, i'd have no issues purchasing.
Klein's really do bring out the worst in some people. :roll:

videojetman":1w1iig8l said:
members letting their personal vendettas get in the way.

I am not sure where you see personal vendettas here, but if - not for the first time - a seller comes up with weird stories, which others can clearly disprove, that has nothing to do with personal stuff but with general honesty, on which forums like this are IMHO generally based on.

The price is a different issue, i personally never sell for profit, hence i do not buy from people who quadruple their own buying price, but that is something any individual can decide on his/her own.

mauricer":qqzo0zdl said:
videojetman":qqzo0zdl said:
members letting their personal vendettas get in the way.

I am not sure where you see personal vendettas here, but if - not for the first time - a seller comes up with weird stories, which others can clearly disprove, that has nothing to do with personal stuff but with general honesty, on which forums like this are IMHO generally based on.

The price is a different issue, i personally never sell for profit, hence i do not buy from people who quadruple their own buying price, but that is something any individual can decide on his/her own.

i have never manufactured a story surrounding a bike. people like eric rumpfy and martin kozaczeck have electronically thrown me under the bus for buying and selling bikes that they collect in a manner that does not suit their liking. they have established my "reputation" on the forum by disallowing me to do so on my own. again I have never lied about the history or condition of I bike I am selling, as evidenced by my sales record on ebay and other places.

Shame on you all for subscribing to these tactics. It is truly a disservice to allow someones OPINION to shape your impression of another when said opinion is based on nothing more than hearsay.

if you are interested in this bike, contact me via PM. if not that is fine. i will not indulge these keyboard bullies with any more posts.

I have reduced the asking price to $2690 + shipping.

mauricer":194ugq34 said:

Good for you. I respect that.

ylwgto":194ugq34 said:
i have never manufactured a story surrounding a bike. people like eric rumpfy and martin kozaczeck have electronically thrown me under the bus for buying and selling bikes that they collect in a manner that does not suit their liking. they have established my "reputation" on the forum by disallowing me to do so on my own. again I have never lied about the history or condition of I bike I am selling, as evidenced by my sales record on ebay and other places.

Shame on you all for subscribing to these tactics. It is truly a disservice to allow someones OPINION to shape your impression of another when said opinion is based on nothing more than hearsay.

if you are interested in this bike, contact me via PM. if not that is fine. i will not indulge these keyboard bullies with any more posts.

I have reduced the asking price to $2690 + shipping.

That seems fair. Great looking bike.

I get why MK was frustrated. He tried to tell you you had the facts wrong and you would not budge until a large amount of people chimed in as well. But. It's all good now. A beauty of a bike.

I think it's bad form to use full names even though you can find it on the Internet. Also, I think your Kathy eBay record does look good but what are your other eBay handles so I can check them out?

Great pick up. You don't want to try it? Looks like a fun ride.

Back