1999 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp

Looks great! It's amazing how with a lick of paint they can look like a totally different bike. The schwalbes really set it off too, as it did with mine. Good Work!

Thanks mate ;)

I agree the schwalbes seem to stretch it out a bit and make it look a bit beefier not that it needed to look beefier mind hahaha.

The spec is;

NS Fundamental Rims
Halo spokes
Funn Bullet hubs
Swalbe Smart Sam tyres
Manitou X-vert triple
Outland grips, bar and stem
Clarks skeletal hydro disc in red
XTR shifters, derailleurs front and back
Suntour XCT cranks
Sram red Cassette
DMR V12 pedals
Fox Vanilla rear shock
Adapter for Disc on rear
BETD linkage for shock
Brevl Saddle
and a Giant seat post atm as not really willing to hack up a good one for the size ma wife needs haha so will get round to blackening it out laterz

All in all not spent to much on it as I am a hound for a bargain but have managed to kit it out with some very nice parts. Also all the paint work was done by myself using tins and airbrush n only took a weekend to complete. (Stripping, cleaning, sanding, priming, painting and clear coat)

I was lucky enough to find one on the singletrack magazine classifieds online. I think it is just luck or find a donor frame. Sorry can't be of more help.

Thanks fella. Found a few frames but theyre unwilling to break them! Might just have to bite the bullet and buy the whole thing.

Thanks again ;-)

Just a note to say I am selling a 99 stumpy FSR XC comp complete with BETD lower chain stay, linkage and needle rollers. On eBay at the moment, details provided on request. Loads of spares with it and original parts if your looking for an authentic look.

Adam

Link to eBay add:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/specialized-s ... 3f2a94e244

Photos on Flickr showing all the spares and spec, it is available to view in Durham if your interested. Be quick - ends Sunday 20 October.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/105625573@N04/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Does anyone have the owner's manual for this vintage Stumpjumper FSR XC, the Fox shock or the Manitou forks? My wife has one that we have owned since new and want to do a bit of refurbishing as well.

I believe it is a '99...photo attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Spec MTB.png
    Spec MTB.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,246
Back