The drive home from work this morning

Bats":1azy1es5 said:
knogs are rubbish.

I disagree :)

As a cheap option to stick in your rucksack that are small and light and easily attached. A knog rear and a Lezyne front do the job.

widowmaker":v94wvybu said:
lewisfoto":v94wvybu said:
Lights now are so bright, inexpensive, light weight and run for hours so there is no excuse for not using one.

Although I must admit to being caught out with no light earlier this week when my ride went longer than expected. I hate it when the days get so short in fall.

Steven

I keep a couple of those knog type front and rear lights just in case this happens to me :cool:

I have a couple of Knog lights and they are perfect for emergencies

i actually think it's worse at this time of year than in deep winter, because we're not yet in the full on darkness of the winter it doesn't occur to some people that they need lights yet.

that said, i work shifts, starting and finishing at 5am, i see lots of people riding to the refinery and chemical plant without lights or just the rear which i find amazing since the H+S guys on plants like mine can be overwhelming!

strangely the other night i went for a quick drink with a friend and on the way i saw a guy wearing black on the other side of the road riding a bike on the A326, a main carriageway road, where there were no street lights, i saw him because the car behind him showed him up because of it's car lights, i assumed he had a rear light even though he didn't have a front but when i passed him i looked in my mirror and he had no rear light.

idiot.

What a dope.

My wife does traffic safety research and, believe it or not, in 20% of all train vs car collisions in the US the car hits the train. Talk about blind and dopey!

Steven

Back