I Scream, You Scream...

Ah yes - Mr Miller! I remember collecting and delivering a rusting heap of Yeti Ultimate to him at some godforsaken motorway services many moons ago that he worked minor miracles on... That would seem to make sense of the retro-inspired paint job then - it's still a bit of marketing volte face to visually link 1990 aluminium to 2013 carbon I think. Fine for established brands to recall their heritage, as has been demonstrated in the motor industry regularly. Mr Miller's addiction/conviction to carbon must stem from his FRO/C26 days - I wonder if he considered a Tomac colourway?

Miller snaps from the archives!

Attachments

• Treacherous.jpg
    Treacherous.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 374
  • The shame!.jpg
    The shame!.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 374
mrkawasaki":1lm70tcd said:
Ah yes - Mr Miller! I remember collecting and delivering a rusting heap of Yeti Ultimate to him at some godforsaken motorway services many moons ago that he worked minor miracles on... That would seem to make sense of the retro-inspired paint job then

Same here way back when, although the bike I collected and delivered to him was a '91 Dolomite Attitude - which he promptly sold on here a week later!

:LOL:

Maybe even the very same frame of inspiration behind this 'tribute' - it often amazes me the sheer number of people I touch and inspire, whom I encourage to find within themselves moments of pure greatness, to boldly go where...

BB.

BoyBurning":b7ovqw6l said:
P20":b7ovqw6l said:
Isn't there a forum member from here who is linked to fluidcycles?

sinnerman":b7ovqw6l said:
who knows

The chap in the photo Carl linked to previously [before replacing it with the FS frame above] was 'Mad Cow' Kev Miller who is a forum member - with a preference for Yeti over Klein I always thought...

Whether Carl in fact knows this or not I can't answer of course.

BB.

Not quite sure where the picture has Gone...., I loaded up two and certainly didn't edit the post......???

I added it because I actually felt that there was a need to add an element of Human factor too it.
A face to the product so to speak. whilst constructive views can be helpful when taken in context, given the effort required to get this far, and the business still being in its relative infancy, the last thing I wanted to see was it turn into a shit fest based on little more than whether or not its Right to paint a Modern Carbon Frame in an Iconic retro colour, especially when it is merely One paint choice of many.

mrkawasaki":2hqpzkre said:
I'm intrigued by the idea of using 'iconic' MTB paint schemes and what that is trying to communicate. What are the top 10 paint schemes pre 1997 I wonder? Salsa jellybean springs to mind; Ritchey team paint...

Fat Chance , and Mountain goats splatter?

After looking around, the "Fluid" shares a lot more in common with a "Niner", than say an "On ONE" 456, and nearly half the price of the Niner, and considerably better looking than the "On One".

I wonder if they are going to offer "custom" paint options too....?

Attachments

• 534876_393729217401035_342487826_n.jpg
    534876_393729217401035_342487826_n.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 226
  • air9carb_bike_tang.jpg
    air9carb_bike_tang.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 226
P20":191ei0wc said:
I do like frames with integrated seatposts.

It does look (dare I say it) kinda "Fluid".

Attachments

• 1004434_420548681385755_1462057400_n.jpg
    1004434_420548681385755_1462057400_n.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 217
I've got one of the eBay specials in my watch list. One day I'm going to pull the trigger

Back