My lovely 95 Diamond Back Apex is on ebay..

MSJ

Retro Newbie
My lovely 95 Diamond Back Apex is on ebay..

iqr9.jpg

http://r.ebay.com/1T2Yu1

I bought my Diamond back Apex mountain bike new in 1995 from Lee's Cycles in Canvey Island and had intended to use it more more than did, but spent the last 18 years playing with motorbikes instead.

It has the lovely "TT Lite" True Temper frame, with really neat welds and the matching Diamond Back rigid cro-mo fork. The frame size is a 'Medium' 18", which from memory was recommended for people 5'9" to 6'. I'm 6" and it was a great fit.

The full gear set is the original Shimano LX, and it also has (all original) LX Brakes, LX hubs and LX Levers. The crank is the standard Suntour and still fitted with the original DiamondBack pedals, (although I may not be able to find the toeclips). I've changed the bar and seat for comfort but still have the standard TiTec? bars and may be able to find the seat too (but not certain yet).

Because it has been so rarely used it is in great condition and only needs a little TLC not the full (and expensive) restoration that so many classic bikes need.

The rear Mavic rim needs a little truing, some minor paint chips will need to be touched in, there are some scratches on the tops of the gear indicators and the rear tyre looks silly (but works OK).

I've been having a clear-out of motorbike parts recently, so I thought I should also let this go to someone who can either use it or enjoy having it in a classic retro bike collection.

It is a wonderful quality thing, beautifully made and very much of its time, but still very useable today.

I've put a £79 start price and a £129 'Buy it Now', which I hope are realistic.

I'm in York, but often in Doncaster or Scunthorpe, so could possibly deliver or meet up there?

If you need any further info, I'm on 07500109 280.

Cheers

Mark

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back