Shared cycle and footways

gtRTSdh":14gr5995 said:
Walkers / ramblers own 6ft around themselves, didn't you know? And don't get me started on the retard i-pod generation, I watched a hot female jogger, ipod in, run clean across a junction during rush hour without so much as a glance around her this morning.

I'm a jogger myself, but have encountered similar. Head down, massive headphones on. Caused the missus and I to have a nasty spill on our tandem when pulling over to avoid him jogging down the centre of a cycle way. Needless to say, he didn't even look up, never mind stop as he passed us.

There's a couple of hundred kms of multi-use trails here along the west end of Lake Ontario. I go down to the waterfront trail portion here on my SS occasionally to check out the roller girls or walk the dog (she's magnetic). Other than the pedestrians not grasping the bike lane part through downtown Burlington, everyone gets on fine using it together. Then again, this is Canada. We're pretty polite......Until you put hockey sticks in our hands. Then we'd just as soon knock you out.

bkvdt01_09_02.jpg

bkvdt01_09_30.jpg

904AE40A-15EE-4FD0-AA79-1011EF38E4B4-13506-00000878D6A3BD69_zpsa2a83038.jpg

shared cycle and footways. something we have plenty of around here but seems the local town idiots didn't get the message about what that big green lane with a white painted bicycle on the floor and the sign at the beginning, middle and end of it meant, or the black side of the path with a person walking painted on the floor every 20 feet means...
had a incident with a group of Asian women last month, me and a friend going along at a reasonable pace, slow down when we get near them just incase, they decide to walk in the CYCLE LANE and then stop us to tell us we should be riding in the DUAL CARRIAGEWAY we politely explain that its a shared cycle and path way and told them next time they do that to us we will simply run them over and shove our front wheels into their behinds.

police stopped me and the same friend last night as I was rushing home, guess why. FOR USING THAT VERY SAME CYCLE LANE. after we explained what it was he then proceeded to check my bike over, threatened me with this fine and that fine then stated im following all the laws correctly, not doing anything wrong and if he even tried to ticket me id report him to his sgt. :)

from now on, anyone gets in my way on shared cycle/path way my front wheel with very chunky front nobbly tyre will be going somewhere they wont like :)

raleighrider21":242coj52 said:
shared cycle and footways. something we have plenty of around here but seems the local town idiots didn't get the message about what that big green lane with a white painted bicycle on the floor and the sign at the beginning, middle and end of it meant, or the black side of the path with a person walking painted on the floor every 20 feet means...
had a incident with a group of Asian women last month, me and a friend going along at a reasonable pace, slow down when we get near them just incase, they decide to walk in the CYCLE LANE and then stop us to tell us we should be riding in the DUAL CARRIAGEWAY we politely explain that its a shared cycle and path way and told them next time they do that to us we will simply run them over and shove our front wheels into their behinds.

police stopped me and the same friend last night as I was rushing home, guess why. FOR USING THAT VERY SAME CYCLE LANE. after we explained what it was he then proceeded to check my bike over, threatened me with this fine and that fine then stated im following all the laws correctly, not doing anything wrong and if he even tried to ticket me id report him to his sgt. :)

from now on, anyone gets in my way on shared cycle/path way my front wheel with very chunky front nobbly tyre will be going somewhere they wont like :)

Lummy! Makes my two students and a fat lad pale into insignificance.

Back