How much is my BMX worth thread?

Re: Pro Lite Privateer - does this have much value?

Hello to all

I've been trying to do some research on this BMX, which seems to be really hard to find any useful information on! It was my late brother's and sadly we're not able to keep it, as it sit in the corner, gathering dust and rust away.

I would say that it's in really, really good condition, with no rust on any of the chrome from what I can see. I can remember when he got this for Christmas somewhere back in the late 80's and I think it's pretty much original. Everything seems to match as far as I can see, but I suspect you guys would be far better placed to advise. What I am trying to work out is what this is worth?

From what I can see and note down, it's got Araya rims, Dia Compe brakes, a Sugino chainset and a Suntour stem. Is this good? Is it rare? Many thanks for any replies and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_00000425(1).jpg
    IMG_00000425(1).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 10,392
  • IMG_00000427(1).jpg
    IMG_00000427(1).jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10,392
  • IMG_00000419(1).jpg
    IMG_00000419(1).jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 10,392
Having just turned 40 and recovering from a broken leg, I think its time to sell my 1994 Haro Master. No idea what its worth so thought this seemed a good place to start :D Ive had it since 1996 and havent changed anything. It has Peregrine Wheels, Dia Compe brakes, Odyssey bear traps

Attachments

• P1010751.JPG
    P1010751.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 10,272
BMX started in the early 1970s when children began racing their bicycles on dirt tracks in Southern California, drawing inspiration from the motocross superstars of the time. The size and availability of the Schwinn Sting-Ray made it the natural bike of choice, since they were easily customized for better handling and performance. BMX racing was a phenomenon by the mid-1970s. Children were racing standard road bikes off-road, around purpose-built tracks in California. The 1972 motorcycle racing documentary "On Any Sunday" is generally credited with inspiring the movement nationally in the US; its opening scene shows kids riding their Schwinn Stingrays off-road. By the middle of that decade the sport achieved critical mass, and manufacturers began creating bicycles designed especially for the sport.
George E. Esser founded the National Bicycle League as a non-profit bicycle motocross sanctioning organization in 1974. Before they set up the NBL, George and his wife, Mary, promoted motorcycle races with the AMA (American Motocross Association), and through their "National Motorcycle League," or NML. Their two sons, Greg and Bryan, raced motorcycles, but also enjoyed riding and racing BMX with their friends. It was their sons’ interest, and the absence of an Eastern presence by the National Bicycle Association (NBA, at the time the only sanctioning body of BMX Racing), that prompted George to start the NBL in Florida. dirt builders etablering af mtb spor og ruter, og BMX baner
By 1997 the American Bicycle Association (ABA) was organized as a national sanctioning body for the growing sport. In April 1981, the International BMX Federation was founded, and their first world championships were held in 1982. Since January 1993 BMX has been integrated into the Union Cyclist International (UCI).

wookiee":1nktna4j said:
Hi

My brother has a 2003 Hoffman Rhythm in black which has seen little use, and is all original spec. Its the same spec and pretty much the same condition as the one in the supplied pic (not his actual bike). I seem to remember he bought it new for around £450. Not sure if there is much love for these or not? Would it be worth splitting it to get my bro the best price? Any thoughts appreciated!

Wook

If its in good nick which it looks like it, you can get about £150-£200 where us old chaps keep going on about mongoose and diamond backs the 2000 Prodigy and Rhythm series will be very collectable in the future!
The have Hoffman branding to start
Pre Hoffman 2000's around 90-95 are collectables already and go for stupid money!
They usually cost a fortune especially imported ones from the states, as they were made in limited numbers for UK market.
The quality meets if not better than reproduced bikes today with big branding!
Here is my sons and I still can't find another one like it in the colour scheme! £500 it cost new :facepalm:

P1020677.jpg

P1020670.jpg

P1020692.jpg

Firebird Freestyler mk2 - what's it worth?

Hi everyone, I have a mk2 chrome firebird Freestyler frameset which I would like to sell but how much is it worth?

Serial number is 2936.

Condition is poor, needs rechroming or powder coat but very original.

Thoughts?

Re:

Locally for sale, a guy is selling a hutch bmx bike. He claims it was a store display "because of the condition". He wants $425 for it. Is it worth the money? Or should I pass?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 9,189
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 9,189
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 9,189
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 9,189
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 9,189
Re:

hi ,
can you please tell me the worth of this bike ?

the wheels are old school skyway with coaster brake .

thx

Attachments

• Seenly Photo HNJetlby.jpg
    Seenly Photo HNJetlby.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9,003
  • raleigh.jpg
    raleigh.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 9,003
Back