Fat Chance 1992 Yo Eddy Rebuild

WD Pro":3g4wsaoz said:
yeti-man":3g4wsaoz said:
I totally love this thread! Dig it all the way :cool:

Not the meaning to hijack this thread, but a inspiration to you - I know Your feeling ...

Here is my retrofit project I did some years back on one of my Yeti Pro FRO's, bare fork/frame

Nice :cool: did you get any grief for doing that ? :D

WD :D

I could not regret, and I will always be able to turn around and use the other Pro FRO I have ;-)

7215738050_405af21af2_b.jpg

For the second time on this thread :

WD Pro":1ah8gfgo said:
Everyone chill ... :LOL:

;)

Well I was bored sat waiting for my car so decided to to google the frame number and it bought back a bit of history :shock:

This may not interest everyone, but at least if I copy / paste it into here all the info can be found in one place :cool:

First up from http://www.mtb-news.de :

-----------------------------------------------------

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Für Verkauf - '93 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

yeti_europe

28.09.2004, 23:41

yeti_europe

28.09.2004, 23:51

Ich bin froh, nach Deutschland zu schicken oder irgendwo in Europa

perfektem 93 rahmen

rahmen = 600 euros (WD = How much ... ! :shock:)

rahmen mit

1" Rockshox Judy DH forks (TF tuned)
1" purple Chris King nothreadset

810 euros (WD = How much ... ! :shock:)

col.williams@******.co.uk

yeti_europe

29.09.2004, 19:45

some measurements:

top tube c2c - 57cm
seat tube c2c - 43.5cm
seat tube c2top - 47.5cm
it takes 1" headsets and a 27.2mm seatpost.

rasaldul

29.09.2004, 19:59

some measurements:

top tube c2c - 57cm
seat tube c2c - 43.5cm
seat tube c2top - 47.5cm
it takes 1" headsets and a 27.2mm seatpost.

very strange yo eddy

27,2mm seatpost and water bottle braze-on´s only on the down tube? the welding on the bottom bracket and the seattube/chainstay area also doesn´t look fat-like - the brake studs are also not removable, aren´t they? other details identify it as a yo eddy - how about the serial ?

yeti_europe

29.09.2004, 22:22

very strange yo eddy

27,2mm seatpost and water bottle braze-on´s only on the down tube? the welding on the bottom bracket and the seattube/chainstay area also doesn´t look fat-like - the brake studs are also not removable, aren´t they? other details identify it as a yo eddy - how about the serial#?

you are correct - the seat tube was replaced at the time of the renovation and respray as the original was rusted through at the base. Its now back to original totally useable condition, but the seatube is a different diametre. I didn't post this in the original thread, because my german wasn't up to it and didn't want to confuse things at this stage. I would have made sure anyone was aware of this before any money changed hands.

Brakes studs appear to be removeable, but the paint is over the join, so I'm not going to try

seriel number is 044Y2M - which has been checked with Wendy - Chris Chance's ex-wife, as she supplied me with the new frame stickers.

the full story is here - for anyone who speaks english.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/r ... 5&t=183135

(WD = This link doesn't work :?)

The price is slightly cheaper in the UK, but for the above price I'll include postage to Europe. The UK price doesn't include postage.

Thanks and sorry if it caused any confusion.

Also sorry for my lack of German.

yeti_europe

30.09.2004, 19:28

oh, and after a bit of further research it turns out its a '92 frame.

more info on http://www.fatcogs.com in the forsale section of their forum

That lead me to Fat Cogs (Of which I am a member of) http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/index.php :

93 Yo Eddy for sale - renovated and resprayed

yeti col

Its a long story - but I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to sell my Yo Eddy.

Its been fully restored by Bob Jackson cycles in Leeds and resprayed - that alone cost
(WD = Price removed from Fat Cogs :()

yeti col

oh and the serial number for anyone who wants to know is:

044y2m

so that means it is a medium if my brief look at first flight bikes is correct

Doug Carter

Yup, a medium and a '92. Beautiful bike. I wish it were 'stateside. You'll sell that with no problem.

Good luck,

doug

yeti col

cheers for clarifying the date doug.

yo' djblu

do u know the shipping costs to the us???? May be a little small but worth a look.

yeti col

no worries - I've been asked about shipping costs by a few people now so I'll find out the and let you know tomorrow.

yeti col

sorry having trouble getting to the post office. Should be able to sort soon.

In the mean time its now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

(WD = This link doesn't work :?)

yoeddy3998

Have you still got it ? call me on 07768******. cheers John (UK)

yeti col

sorry nope - its now sold. Went on ebay yesterday for the minute sum of
(WD = Price removed from Fat Cogs :()

scant

thats a real bummer col

I also found this on Fat Cogs http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/index.php :

Fat City Cycles Frame Registry

yeti col

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Yo Eddy
Frame number: 044y2m
Year of manufacture: 1993 (I think!)
Frame size: Medium
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): original wild cherry - but resprayed metallic blue.
Location (city, state, country): Glossop, Derbyshire
Owner name: Col.
Photo

Other info - is that the seatpost has been replaced to repair the rust damage that was caused by the neglect of the previous owner so it now has a 27.7 seatpost. Everything else is as new.

I will update the above when I get chance :D

I also found this http://www.docstoc.com/docs/136553427/fatchance_102504 :

So, the history established so far :

First history is yeti col / yeti_europe : Say hello if you are reading !
It was up for sale (quite expensive) but went cheap on eBay (expected)
I guess it then went to ishaw ?
It was (maybe) wild cherry but is now defo blue.
Bob Jackson replaced the seat tube.
The graphics are OE from Wendy

If anyone else has owned this or knows this bike or knows any of it's history, please chime in :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeti co is Colin Wiliams - use to be sponsored by yeti bitd now runs ktm uk through fli distribution

WD Pro":bcqs2gb4 said:
If anyone else has owned this or knows this bike or knows any of it's history, please chime in :cool:
can't help you unfortunately, but why you are interested in it's history, if you're building a completely different frame out of it? :?
...that's just as an aside.

But without doubt it's interesting what you do, keep it up :D

boxxer":2tvrwrfp said:
Yeti co is Colin Wiliams - use to be sponsored by yeti bitd now runs ktm uk through fli distribution

Thank you :cool:

Nader":2tvrwrfp said:
can't help you unfortunately, but why you are interested in it's history, if you're building a completely different frame out of it? :?

Well I now know some of its history, that interests me :D

A completely different frame ? I don't see that ... :?

It's eddy's steel, eddy's design / geometry, eddy's ride - just with modern brakes. How is that building a completely different frame ? :?

From what I have picked up, Fat's ethos was always to do what they wanted and they would spec the bikes however the customer wanted with regards frame features / braze on's and paint etc. I don't see how my build has changed that mentality much, if at all ... ?

Nader":2tvrwrfp said:
But without doubt it's interesting what you do, keep it up :D

Thank you :cool:

Back