Garage wall hook recommendations

grogee

Retro Guru
Alright, I'm moving into a new place and the garage is pretty small. So I want to hang the bikes on the wall so they are vertical (if that makes sense).

I'm thinking about buying some simple U-shaped hooks that screw to the wall, then using some S-shaped hooks on these to hook onto the front (or rear) wheels.

All from Ikea, obviously...

Anyone done something similar?

I use hooks similar to these > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-6-lar ... 19e1dd9b10 . Bought them from the homebase on the myton road, think also got some from screwfix. Looks to be what Mike is using above.

First time I used them drilled the brick and used a big rawplug. Second time directly into wood so no problems. You can offset the hooks (i.e. have one high and one low) to fit more in.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hooks every 10" (25cms) and i can fit 16 bikes on this wall.
photo-XL.jpg

matt24777":vwmpt7m3 said:
but I was generous as I didn't what them scratching each other. ;)

You can use old thick socks to cover the pedals, that helps a lot.

In my old house I use to have a lot less space, plus it was a rental, so I use a aluminum tube from a hanglider wing and a bunch of straps, it works great too but the socks where mandatory..
bala%20030-L.jpg

Thanks gents. I wasn't convinced the screw in hooks would stay screwed in, but a bunch of retrobikers is NEVER wrong so I'll give it a go...

Back