WANTED - LAPTOP ***SORTED THANKS***

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I'm after a laptop for use in near future. Needs to be reliable with good internet interface but doesn't have to be state of the art or have huge storage capacity. Anything out there?

:xmas-big-grin:

Re: WANTED - LAPTOP

how old do you want to go? I have a few old ones with wifi dongles etc. Dell.

Not too fussy. Cheap and cheerful is good as long as I don't have to wait 10 minutes for pages to load :LOL:

How old are you talking, what spec etc?

I'll go and dig it out. Del inspiron 2500. XP. Not raced or rallied. Home use only.

Typing this on it now via a netgear wifi dongle thingy. it says intel celeron 897mhz 512mb ram.

probably about ten years old.

where are you? May cost more to send securely than its worth :facepalm:

Not the best pic but you get the idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 463

I think you could probably find something local for little money that's as good as this. I have no idea what its worth other than as a doorstop. Does what it says on the tin though.

What sort of budget? We all have differing views for cheap and cheerful!

I wouldn't be happier with less than a 15" screen on a laptop, and the older it is the less likely it is to hold power for long on the original battery, so whether you will be using it 'off grid' or not might be a factor.

Perfectly happy to go check one out from Gumtree of whatever for you in the Inverness/Aviemore area if you see one and post it on.

Otherwise I would suggest a reputable dealer on Ebay then you have some comeback if it was misleadingly described.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPAQ-LAPTOP ... 3f2a0f263e

I would jump on that one if I was looking right now! 4Gig 160Gig HD , for a steal, with free delivery!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a HP Compaq 6735s for £100 delivered

HP6735s Laptop
AMD Sempron 2.1GHz
1.75GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive
DVD/RW Optical Drive
Wireless
Bluetooth
15.4" screen
Windows XP Pro SP3
MS Office 2007