Muddy Fox ~1988 Aluminium - London

Sorry Andy but I had to have it as not actually seen one online or in flesh before.
Has anyone else got one ? Be nice to se some pictures.

jimwise68":10znh3rz said:
Sorry Andy but I had to have it as not actually seen one online or in flesh before.
Has anyone else got one ? Be nice to se some pictures.

I've not seen one on here or in the flesh - I'm glad that someone on here has it. There's little or no info on these on the web. I don't think they sold many, as aluminium mountain bikes were not very common in the UK in 1988!

Would be nice to see some decent pictures of it - what groupset does it have? I guessed it would have those white Sakae cranks and the rest Suntour?

Cheers,
Andrew

I will post some more pix up later.

Rear derailleur is fine, it's had a 5 speed cassette put on so doesn't index properly, that along with a fooked cable and someone messing around with the grub screw stops.
It's similar spec to a courier but with shimano brake caliper on front and shimano version of an AD990 on rear. Geometry is slightly different to all others in the range and it rides really nice.

Just needs a strip down, clean and full service.

Nicely bought :cool:

Be nice to see a strip and build thread.

I've the same vintage courier and a year later version of it :D

And

Sounds like you've already got the brochure but I saved pics from one that was on eBay earlier in the year

Attachments

• Muddy-Fox-1988-Aluminium-02.jpg
    Muddy-Fox-1988-Aluminium-02.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 722
  • Muddy-Fox-1988-Aluminium-01.jpg
    Muddy-Fox-1988-Aluminium-01.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 722
^ @lrh

thanks for posting that brill :cool:

wonder if you happen to have the courier and explorer pages too.

I've not seen that catalague for at least 20 years :shock:

And

I do have the brochure, here are the Courier and Explorer pages.
Courier_zpsb5a4fc64.jpg

explorer_zpsc7fcace0.jpg

Nice selection there, explorer still my fave. Looks like the ALU was all about the frame with courier spec parts, a real look to the future.

Carl.

Back