Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT MC1

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1990 Shimano XT MC1

for a moment i thought i had stumbled into the off topic section.
who cares if its 1990, 91, 92 blah blah.
its a lovely example.
although it does look like a 1992 attitude.
i'm not going to spoil the sale of such a fine bike.
the best of luck with the sale.

Thanks others for chiming in. I in fact do think the sole purpose of all the negative posts is to submarine the sale. I hope any prospective buyers can see past it and appreciate the high quality of the bike, which i feel is priced reasonably while allowing me a handsome, much needed, profit.
Happy to answer any other questions.

ylwgto":34cpv1z8 said:
Thanks others for chiming in. I in fact do think the sole purpose of all the negative posts is to submarine the sale. I hope any prospective buyers can see past it and appreciate the high quality of the bike, which i feel is priced reasonably while allowing me a handsome, much needed, profit.
Happy to answer any other questions.
if i could afford this i would buy it in a heart beat.
one of the best i've seen in a long time.
and nothing wrong with monopolising on such a rare piece of mtb history.
i bought one of these for £1200 and sold it for £2500. :D

If you were knowledgeable of Klein's history you'd know that they had a hard time meeting demand and frames/bikes were usually out of stock before the end of the year. There would have been no left over 1990 frames lying around to get built and sold later.

Another data point, one of my 1990's is frame BAT7B6

I also agree that it's overpriced. The original purchase price was high, especially for a CL buy.

I'm a little discouraged that this has turned into more of a sounding board than what it truly is, a classified ad. I am reposting the original information below. Please contact me via the forum or PM me if interested in discussing a purchase.

ylwgto":2n0ndwyz said:
This is a truly stunning Klein Attitude mountain bike. Due to the very low serial number I believe it is a "true" 1990 Attitude frame in Team USA Dolomite (bright green/white/magenta) livery that was distributed in 1992 with its matching 1992 style Uni-Klein oversized fork. The original Mission Control (MC1) stem/bars and oversized fork are with the frame in beautiful paint-matched condition. The bike is all original. The paint is stunning with absolutely no fading anywhere. There are a few very small nicks and light scuffs in the paint (see pics in link and detailed description below), otherwise it is close to perfect. No dents or dings at all. All the XT M73X components are equally beautiful and I just tuned and cleaned the bike. The previous owner kept it in storage for most of its life and it rides incredibly, like a new bike. The cables and housing are original and the proprietary Klein internal cable guide plastic is present and in fantastic condition. The original paint matched bottle cage bolts, Chain Control antisuck plate and proprietary pressed BB and headset are all in excellent condition as well.

Visit this link for 60+ high resolution photos:
s456.photobucket.com/user/ylwgto/slideshow/1991%20Klein%20Attitude?sort=3

Bike measures:
standover at top tube center 29.75"
seat tube center to center of top tube 16.5"
seat tube center to top of seat tube 19"
top tube center to center actual 22"
top tube center to center effective 23"
*I believe Klein called the 19" center to top bikes 20" bikes or Mediums.
Serial number frame (rear dropout) A7F7
Serial number fork (dropout) AOB3F

Paint condition:
1 4mm scuff lower front of non-driveside fork leg
1 very light small scuff in "I" of Attitude on drive side top tube
2 small scuffs in both "Ts" of Attitude on non driveside top tube
1 small chip (1mm) on top of non drive side chainstay
**these are all extremely minor and difficult to photograph. please look in the pics

Components:
Shifters- Shimano XT SIS 7 speed M732 thumb shifters
Brake levers- Shimano XT SLR M733
Brakes- Shimano XT SLS cantilevers M734 with XT pads
Crankset- Shimano XT M730 175mm with dust caps. Shimano SG 46/36/24 rings
Front derailleur- Shimano XT M735
Rear derailluer- Shimano XT M735
Cassette- Shimano XT HG Hyperglide 7 speed 12-28
Chain- Shimano HG Narrow
Pedals- Shimano XT platform M735 with original Specialized cages/straps
Wheelset- Wheelsmith built.
Hubs- Front, Shimano XT M730 hub; Rear Shimano XT M732 hub
Rims- polished Campagnolo Thorr 32H
Spokes- Wheelsmith double butted SS
Tires- Original Panaracer Smoke 26 x 2.1 (still have molding nubs and factory coating)
Skewers and seat binder- Shimano XT M730 quick release
Grips- Specialized original grips
Saddle- Selle Italia Turbo white. date coded 1989. light scuffs and normal wear, but a great saddle
Seatpost- Shimano XT M730 27.2. Some insertion wear to black anodization and saddle bag wear, but very nice

Again, this is a VERY rare bike in near perfect condition. COLLECTOR QUALITY.
I am looking for $2950 + shipping (USA about $90, Europe about $200)

Definitely a 1992 Klein Attitude

Hi everybody!

It's so funny to see that apparently so many people think or "pretend" to know what they are dealing with, but in reality they have absolutely no clue and their claims are baseless:

1.) M. Kozacek is 100% correct. It is indeed a 1992 Klein Attitude bike.

2.) If it's a "true" 1992 Klein Attitude or not, well that I cannot say, but I assume yes, since I think the seller simply is not informed enough about Kleins in general and that beside that he seems to be honest in his claim that it's an original (genuine Klein Attitude).

3.) 1990/ 1991 Klein Attitudes had a boxed fork and the downtube Klein lettering was black in full...
it is much more difficult to distinguish a 1990 Attitude from a 1991 Attitude, altough as M Kozacek pointed to you can see the difference also in the plastic cap (headset): 1990 Klein Attitudes had "Klein" written on the seal.

4.) For education purposes: You can watch/check for yourself if you go to www.wundel.com and click on "classic Kleins" there you will find all the major Klein models and from all years....
You can compare 1990 Klein Attitudes with 1991, 1991 with 1992 and so on...
another site is www.mtb-kataloge.de you can find almost all brands, including Kleins and see for yourself.

5.) Last but not least, I would like to say something encouraging on the behalf of the seller:
If the bike is truly an original - and it REALLY looks that way and yes even if it's from 1992 - then with it's very nice condition the price is FAIR.

Best regards to all,

"KLEIN, NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMPARES" :))

Re: Definitely a 1992 Klein Attitude

Thank you for that information biker23. I think there has been enough input from other members for me to agree that it is likely a 1992 bike despite the low serial number. i am no expert and never claimed to be.

thanks for looking and I will edit the ad to reflect the date change.

lastly, the bike is really and truly close to mint. it looks better than the pics in person. as others have mentioned it is priced fairly given its condition.

thanks.

biker23":2ni25cjl said:
Hi everybody!

It's so funny to see that apparently so many people think or "pretend" to know what they are dealing with, but in reality they have absolutely no clue and their claims are baseless:

1.) M. Kozacek is 100% correct. It is indeed a 1992 Klein Attitude bike.

2.) If it's a "true" 1992 Klein Attitude or not, well that I cannot say, but I assume yes, since I think the seller simply is not informed enough about Kleins in general and that beside that he seems to be honest in his claim that it's an original (genuine Klein Attitude).

3.) 1990/ 1991 Klein Attitudes had a boxed fork and the downtube Klein lettering was black in full...
it is much more difficult to distinguish a 1990 Attitude from a 1991 Attitude, altough as M Kozacek pointed to you can see the difference also in the plastic cap (headset): 1990 Klein Attitudes had "Klein" written on the seal.

4.) For education purposes: You can watch/check for yourself if you go to http://www.wundel.com and click on "classic Kleins" there you will find all the major Klein models and from all years....
You can compare 1990 Klein Attitudes with 1991, 1991 with 1992 and so on...
another site is http://www.mtb-kataloge.de you can find almost all brands, including Kleins and see for yourself.

5.) Last but not least, I would like to say something encouraging on the behalf of the seller:
If the bike is truly an original - and it REALLY looks that way and yes even if it's from 1992 - then with it's very nice condition the price is FAIR.

Best regards to all,

"KLEIN, NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMPARES" :))

ylwgto":2dawd2au said:
it is likely a 1992 bike despite the low serial number. i am no expert and never claimed to be.

Dude, it's not a low serial number... Maybe it's lower than the other Kleins you've had/sold/flipped whatever, but it's not a LOW serial number denoting a 1990 Attitude frame. Get over it.

If you don't stop with the low serial number B/S you'll make the Pinguwin mad and I don't want to be you when that happens.

mkozaczek":dzqdgqfy said:
ylwgto":dzqdgqfy said:
it is likely a 1992 bike despite the low serial number. i am no expert and never claimed to be.

Dude, it's not a low serial number... Maybe it's lower than the other Kleins you've had/sold/flipped whatever, but it's not a LOW serial number denoting a 1990 Attitude frame. Get over it.

If you don't stop with the low serial number B/S you'll make the Pinguwin mad and I don't want to be you when that happens.
Tbh it seems like your bitter coz this guy bought it off CL for whatever price.
Leave the guy to sell the thing for christs sake

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT

That may be, but do yourself a favor and scroll through the OPs post history and judge his reputation for yourself.

Latest posts

Back