Show me your rescued bikes

scabface

Retro Newbie
This 1994 Stumpjumper was in the back of a truck with another bike and a bunch of garbage. I talked to the owner and it was heading to the dump and he said I could take it. The rear derailleur is missing both wheels, the screws and the back half of the cage. Any body have a busted derailleur with for donor parts? V-Brakes, king headset, Answer - Manitou fork, Ritchey rear hub, handle bars and stem and tires are all probably not original. Not sure about he seat though.

Anyone know what aproximate year this fork and Specialized Airforce 4 pump is? I'm also trying to figure out if this frame was geometry corrected for front suspension. are there any measurements I can take that would help answer that question?

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 556
I also picked up a diamondback out of the back of the same truck. However it's not old enough to post here.

I managed to find another derailleur of the same vintage as the on on there. I swapped out the cage and wheels of the replacement and ontot the bike, but now the cage rubs the cogs in the next gear higher. The cage looks like a proper fit without excessive metal hanging beyond the wheel. I can get the derailleur out of the way of the cassette by tightening the chain but it seams the chain would be too tight. I'll have to post a video and see if any of you have ideas.

Back