The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEK":2j8prj52 said:
How much would you say a 1996 Kona Lava Dome frame, P2's, impact headset, race light seat post/bars, dog collar, seat clamp and velocity stem is worth, all in good but not great condition?

£100 ish

Well I need to reduce 'N' where N+1 = divorce. Unfortunately N seems to be a changing number depending on the number of Brownie points one has.

So some help please.

What is a well sorted Orange ViT T2 in it's raw titanium worth. With all XTR M950 apart from the crankset which is M900. Condition very good with a few modern tweaks in the shape of Ritchey Carbon SeatPost, Ritchey Carbon bladed forks (Raw carbon and Beautiful at a cost of £250), Ritchey Stem and Monkey Lite carbon bars. This has been my commuter bike and it flies. It only weighs 9KG. Puts a smile on your face when you pass racing bikes on the roads.

Baldyz1":zu61wcwb said:
Well I need to reduce 'N' where N+1 = divorce. Unfortunately N seems to be a changing number depending on the number of Brownie points one has.

So some help please.

What is a well sorted Orange ViT T2 in it's raw titanium worth. With all XTR M950 apart from the crankset which is M900. Condition very good with a few modern tweaks in the shape of Ritchey Carbon SeatPost, Ritchey Carbon bladed forks (Raw carbon and Beautiful at a cost of £250), Ritchey Stem and Monkey Lite carbon bars. This has been my commuter bike and it flies. It only weighs 9KG. Puts a smile on your face when you pass racing bikes on the roads.

Well, one in similar spec is on here listed today for £1100 so worth watching if it sells: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=273340&hilit=vit+t

One with worse spec listed here for £800 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=261860&hilit=vit+t

Frame sold here for £275 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=246979&hilit=vit+t

So I would pitch yours at the same roughly £1000-1200.

Good luck.

Hi,
I want to sold wheelset without tyres.
How much these would be worth - Gipiemme techno 416, 16 aero spokes, gipiemme hubs. In good condition.
Thnx :)
dsc0031.jpg

dsc0048.jpg

dsc0052.jpg

How much is my Jack Taylor worth?

I have a Jack Taylor which has been sitting in the garage for 15 years having been ridden for a few years before that, time trials etc. I'm 5'7" and it measures 24" from the seat to the bottom bracket. It is a bit scratched and not perfect but I think an authentic JT - navy blue tubes with the jack Taylor logo in colourful paint, pink detail around the lugs and a 50th anniversary logo too.

I have photos but need a tip on how to upload them if anyone is interested.

Hi I have a Kona Sex One for sale I purchased new back in the day !It has all original kit but I have no idea of it value?
Please can someone advise as to its price so I can offer it for the right money!
Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20131003_135625.jpg
    20131003_135625.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 440
Good day all... just want to get some opinion on this - it's a Peugeot Tombatt with XT components and a RockShix Judy fork. Don't know what year it is but frame has provision for disc brake. Owner wants GBP250 for it. Is it worth the asking price? Any info appreciated. Thank you :D

Attachments

• tom2.jpg
    tom2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 420
  • tom1.jpg
    tom1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 420
  • tom3.jpg
    tom3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 420
WWC":emryyter said:
Thoughts on this team:

http://bit.ly/GAqylT

(Gary Fisher frame)

Back in the late 80's, this was the only bike I wanted more than one of the top Ridgeback's from the Freewheel catalogue! Haven't seen one as a built up bike in ages....

I suspect, that with a little handiwork that you could touch in the chainslap and chainsuck paint damage fairly easily, especially so as it's black paint and not a bright colour that you are touching in. There's a really nice example of touching in chainsuck damage on a Bontrager RaceLite in the Show us your Bonty's thread iirc. I'd probably leave the rest of the paint as genuine, age-related patina - would probably come up quite well with some light Autosol treatment - genuine factory paint always seems so damn tough and resilient compared to respray efforts from anyone. As long as it's not crash damaged, well worth a good look as genuine 80's frames don't come up very often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back