Recommend me an email service

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Ive been with yahoo but recently their interest in the ad companies is so much greater than in their customers
So far this month-
Firefox refuses to load my old emails or even send new ones forcing me to download and install chrome. Google shows its yahoo at fault, seems they dont like FF
Due to a security issue well known to yahoo but not patched properly my main email that was attached to paypal, ebay and the like is lost to me.
Seems there is a password glitch that prevents you from changing to a new password while at the same time refusing to allow the original password.
The not often used email account for some of my online fps multiplayers has been recycled. As id have to sign in and use the email to reset the games account i cant ,that means the games i have can be hacked and ill lose the accounts.

Yahoo has a send feedback page
No matter what you write its not going to work. Fill in the feedback and hit send and up pops a message saying ERROR srry we cant send it this time etc etc
Apparently that error has been there for years and the reason it isnt fixed becomes clear that yahoo just isnt going to let anyone leave feedback. I suppose thats one way to prevent feedback percentages falling and thats to not allow any to be sent, good or bad.
Latest is yahoo news forum. Im being prevented from viewing my older comments, and by older i mean todays or yesterdays or whenever. It just pretends to keep trying to load but fail. Again thats something yahoo are doing because nothing in my system has changed. One day it worked the next it stopped. Again googling tells me its yahoo at fault.

I got pssed with them and selected Basic view which cuts out all their media. Why should they be allowed to operate freely. sod them :LOL:
In that mode everything is hidden and it requires a password to be given to access each step. Its made difficult that way to put you off and keep you using the premium service.

My days of yahoo are now behind me so someone please recommend a service that cant change my settings without my knowledge or clear out MY old contacts just because i dont use them very often(ie amp,orange, all the bike companies ive had to sent the odd email to now and again. All stripped out
Dicks :evil:

I know some people gonna hate, because it's google, and all - but I've been using gmail for years, now - and been completely happy with it. I've used it as an integrated account in several devices (smartphones and tablets) for caldav and carddav access (calendar and contacts) as well as email (typically using imap) and have no real complaints with it, really.

I use Hotmail for most forums, more as a spambox than a proper e-mail account.
2 Gmail accounts. One for work, one for private stuff.

However lately I'm rapidly losing trust in both Google and Microsoft and getting annoyed with all the required "social networks" and connections between them, so I'm moving my private stuff more and more towards my domain's email.

Yeha, I have been using hotmail since 2000 and have been using gmail, have 2 accounts (well 3 with current work), all have worked fine all that time, but in the last few months have gotten very unhappy with both. Hotmail turned into outlook all of a sudden, only time I use it is to delete some spam to keep the account alive for forwarding mail.'
But google is really pissing me off with their sudden desire to go from simple straightforward stuff to a completely design orientated BS thing, making things more and more un user friendly and usless with each update

I use AOL and have never had a problem with it. I had their as my service provider back in the days of dial for a year and they were rubbish but the free a-mail service has been bombproof for me for years now. People I know with Hotmail seem to have regular problems and I don't really like Google as a company, the seem to be everywhere now collecting info on everything.

Have used hotmail.com since 1999 without any problems. Easy to set up spam filters. Changed format 1 or 2 times in that period but I've never lost any data. Touchwood its been trouble free for me for 14 years :xmas-cool:

Dabbled with madasafish.com for a while but it was sh!te

I use gmail, but I don't use the actual site unless in an emergency -- I use Thunderbird (IMAP to gmail) on PCs and phone's mail app. Works great once it's all set up.

Aol since 1998. Still solid. Also have gmail and iCloud that both get used and gave been reliable. So far. Main address is aol.

The thing about email services is they all cost money. You either pay with your privacy or pay with money. But one way or another, you will always pay.

That's why I have a paid for email now. I have a Gmail address which I don't like, and a Fastmail.fm account which I do like. I've had it for 13 years now, and it's great.

https://www.fastmail.fm/

Back