iPad and ios7 update?

I wish. :) unfortunately no, they have done a factory reset which has retained ios7 but nothing else. It works , but I can't help but think it will grind to a halt again as soon as it's filled up with photos etc.

Not just me then! So you can't go back? Got 7.0.2 tweak and it seems ok other than eBay pics as above. On ipad 4 and iPhone 4s.

Wish I'd left it alone.

I don't know why people are saying you can't go back. You've ALWAYS been able to 'downgrade' to a previous iOS. So unless there's been a fundamental change with iOS7, I'd imagine that you still could. In fact there are videos and guides to show you how to do it. Here's how I've always done it with previous versions of iOS (or when installing a beta version of a new OS).

Go online and download the relevant .ipsw file to your computer (less than a minute of Googling and I've found them :roll:)
Open up iTunes
Plug your phone in
Hold down the Shift key, and click 'restore'
iTunes will then prompt you to select the .ipsw you wish to use. Select the one you downloaded.
Your phone will now restore itself with iOS6.

Here are the links to the .ipsw files you need (note that these links will automatically begin to download the file to your computer):
iPhone 5
iPhone 4 & 4S

You just need to bear in mind that Apple won't be updating iOS6 again, and it'd be a good idea to stop any automatic updates otherwise the phone will just download the latest version of iOS7 again (which, incidentally looks like Jonny Ive has let his 4yr old kid loose with the crayons) and you'll be back to square one.

just 'upgraded' my iphone 5, it has loaded and seems ok but it had a bit of an eppy towards the end and i had to restore it then back it up to get all my normal settings again.

i do agree the new look is a bit childish, as long as it works it doesn't bother me although i think they do it to make it an obvious change so that people think wow look at the difference!

as i use it over the next few days i'll see if anything annoying crops up with the new system

iPhone 4 here, seems entirely happy on 7. No weirdnesses, a couple of apps seem to have got a bit flaky but I'm not that surprised, I dare say there'll be updated versions along shortly. No resets necessary beyond the reboot that it does by itself when it updates. I don't think I've actually turned the phone properly off since I got it.

MikeD":3pqra05z said:
iPhone 4 here, seems entirely happy on 7. No weirdnesses, a couple of apps seem to have got a bit flaky but I'm not that surprised, I dare say there'll be updated versions along shortly. No resets necessary beyond the reboot that it does by itself when it updates. I don't think I've actually turned the phone properly off since I got it.

Lots of iPhone 4 owners are reporting problems, so count yourself lucky ;)

I get logged out of the RB site every time I move between bloody screens now, that never used to happen and it is a pain in the F***ing arse :evil: :evil: :evil:

Barneyballbags":wpwezstl said:
Lots of iPhone 4 owners are reporting problems, so count yourself lucky ;)

I'm not surprised. There are tens of millions of the things out there, nearly all of them will get updated, even if 99.5% of them go without a hitch the 0.5% that's left is still a big number. But probabilistically, not that lucky ;)

iPhone 4 here - no problems although I think the loss of the horizontally scrolling weather and stock apps in the notification bar is a major fubar.

The one big plus is the camera app is massively quicker - no need to anticipate the moment any more.

Back