Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT MC1

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1990 Shimano XT MC1

mkozaczek":1wqmf7ph said:
"similar to how some Top Gun frames sat around in the factory and were painted as and sold as Attitudes later"

You can't be serious. Let me rewrite your ad for you, there is no shame in honesty.

I bought this bike on craigslist for a grand. I don't know anything about it other than it's worth more. Someone buy it and don't ask me any questions because it won't help my cause.

Add pretty pictures and wait for the cha-ching email from paypal.

Nothing wrong with making a couple of cha-chings when you can imo.. Still a cool and fair Klein for a normal asking price.

kleinrenzo":1nda4bhu said:
Nothing wrong with making a couple of cha-chings when you can imo.. Still a cool and fair Klein for a normal asking price.

Agreed, we've all done it. Just don't act like you know what you're talking about and you won't get harassed.

I thought Top Guns had a standard 1" head tube, like the Rascal and Pinnacle?

Just like mine, 1'' head tube.

Do you think I could somehow jam a uniklein into my Top Gun and get big money?

davroos":3su6apl6 said:
Just like mine, 1'' head tube.

Do you think I could somehow jam a uniklein into my Top Gun and get big money?

don't forget to paint it as an Attitude.....

'Klein sale ad in controversy shocker' :D it looks pretty and it's in one of my favourite colours. But I still can't afford it. That is all.

mkozaczek, why such hostility??

You can't be serious. Let me rewrite your ad for you, there is no shame in honesty.

I bought this bike on craigslist for a grand. I don't know anything about it other than it's worth more. Someone buy it and don't ask me any questions because it won't help my cause.

I am not being dishonest in any way. I bought from the original owner about a month ago, who bought it in 1991 in NY. I am reselling it to make some "cha-ching", just as anyone would.

Just don't act like you know what you're talking about and you won't get harassed.

I know plenty about this specific bike, and Kleins in general, which is apparent in my detailed description. I have seen serial numbers on my friends' 1990 and 1991 Attitudes and the serial number of this frame is an earlier sequence, suggesting it is a 1990-made frame. As far as the Top Gun, Attitude comment that is my brain fart, I meant TGs painted and sold as Pinnacles with he same 1" headtube and not the MC1 setup. Sorry...

If harassment is your expertise, I'm certain there are other forums to flaunt it. Otherwise, ease up man.

ylwgto":27x2sfmh said:
I know plenty about this specific bike, and Kleins in general...

I meant TGs painted and sold as Pinnacles with he same 1" headtube and not the MC1 setup. Sorry...

Want to try again? Third time's a charm.

You're incorrect about the serial number denoting this as a 1990, but I'd love to hear you try to explain it. For the record it is a 1992.

mkozaczek":2pq0lhn0 said:
ylwgto":2pq0lhn0 said:
I know plenty about this specific bike, and Kleins in general...

I meant TGs painted and sold as Pinnacles with he same 1" headtube and not the MC1 setup. Sorry...

Want to try again? Third time's a charm.

You're incorrect about the serial number denoting this as a 1990, but I'd love to hear you try to explain it.

I have explained my theory, which is just a theory. I acknowledge your opinion, but based on my experience I think the frame was made in 1990 and painted and sold later. It is totally possible that the frame is a 1991 or 1992...I cannot prove it otherwise.

You seem to be a very angry, skeptical person. I am generally a very positive and honest person, so I don't see us coming to any agreement (oil and water thing). But, if you can support your claims, that would be a positive contribution and good information for me and any prospective buyers!!

Sigh... My work here is done.

It's more than likely a 1992 (1990 was AT and A) and Top Guns became Rascals not Pinnacles.

Back