Commuting wheels & tyres 26"

gmjgreg7

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I'm after a wheel for my '92 Saracen. The rear wheel has been on for... well I think its the original so its not in great shape any longer! I'm after a replacement and don't really know where to start, I'm gonna be using it with V-brakes and a 7-speed Shimano cassette so advice would be much appreciated.

Also the bike is now mainly gonna be used on the road and the Panaracer Smoke Lite is not looking all that healthy either so time to refresh that too, had looked at the Schwalbe City Jet... but I have no clue if it would be suitable? Something along those sorts of lines might be a good pattern to go for though.

Let me know if you have anything that might suit, cheers,
Greg

I have a Schwalbe City Jet in 1.95 width you can have for £13 posted. Very seldom used and a good tyre. Might also have a rear wheel - will have a look around. Do you mind if it is for cassette fitting or screw on freewheel fitting?

Mr Panda":2z2nsdbw said:
I have a Schwalbe City Jet in 1.95 width you can have for £13 posted. Very seldom used and a good tyre. Might also have a rear wheel - will have a look around. Do you mind if it is for cassette fitting or screw on freewheel fitting?

Sounds like a good tyre, I'll give you a PM if I decide to go for it.

Silly question, but is there an easy way to tell whether which it is? I think it is a cassette on the current wheel (recently replaced).

-Greg

Turns out the rim was a bit worse than I thought, it gave up rather impressively on the commute home (I'd got about 100 meters).

Untitled by Greg & Kathy Jones' Wedding, on Flickr

Fortunately I wasn't too far from a bike shop so a managed to get it replaced and cycle home after.

Just tyres to get now!

Back