Mavic sunset, hope, Klein & Cook bros

Re: A wheel, no more, no less (opinions please)

Did i mention a had the rear ti glide in purple 36h(no cracks :shock: ) Disc version though :)

Does "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" ride MTB's? Either that or there's some pretty radical spoke alchemy going on there...

Re: A wheel, no more, no less (opinion please?)

Tc":13igun0l said:
vinnya77":13igun0l said:
I'm struggling to find a rear hub and skewers.

Does the silver work with this wheel?

DB489E23-487E-4E1F-942E-DC0C7E8C7696-613-000000490535AF96_zps66f8530c.jpg

It definitely works but is blue an option for hubs as the spokes end in blue? Or are you set on 3dv
Seriously, how strong are these compared with standard 2 or 3 crosslaced wheels. Has anyone done any research on this. I wouldn't like to career down a rocky hill and find out they were suspect mechanically.

Having said this they look amazing.

TrevorKershaw":exlv8gan said:
Seriously, how strong are these compared with standard 2 or 3 crosslaced wheels. Has anyone done any research on this. I wouldn't like to career down a rocky hill and find out they were suspect mechanically.

Like most of the tech from the time I think the majority of the R&D was done by us on the trails. The fact that you don't see these much any more suggests they are not strong enough for most riding. That and the added weight of the extra few inches of spoke length!

Having said that they aren't entirely dangerous and do still look cool. Good for a 'garage queen' or Sunday best.

vinnya77":3qhmjcni said:

Also the spokes where ordered through Hobson cycles from the states.

If you really want purple - get them reanodised.

If you want off the shelf and cant find purple - I would go gold ;-)

WD :D

TrevorKershaw":1aerplv8 said:
Tc":1aerplv8 said:
vinnya77":1aerplv8 said:

It definitely works but is blue an option for hubs as the spokes end in blue? Or are you set on 3dv

I'm going to look seriously dumb here, but I have just found an old photo of my P7 when I first bought it. It has a FIR rim on a black XT (I think, dunno what year, poss 1996) hub and guess what; the very same lacing, but far less impressive. See pics.

Trouble is, I have no idea what on earth happened to this wheel!!! It pains me to say that half of the kit on this bike was sold and quite cheaply. :facepalm: :cry:

Attachments

• P7 04.jpg
    P7 04.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 667
  • P7 03.jpg
    P7 03.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 667
  • P7 02.jpg
    P7 02.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 667
  • P7 01.jpg
    P7 01.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 667

I have purple rear hope, but it needs new bearings.i will look tomorrow and see how many holes it has

I have purple rear hope, but it needs new bearings.i will look tomorrow and see how many holes it has

Back