My Rides: Orange Ms Isle and Kona The King

Siblackpool

Dirt Disciple
Hi, new to the forums, but messed with bikes since school days.
After owning some expensive stuff late 90's early 00's, I sold up and bought a newer car. Always had a bike of some description, but mainly Halfords tack. Carrara Banshee, Haro flightline comp and several others. On purchasing a trek 6500 and taking it off road , I knew I had to buy/build something much more suitable. So I bought a 09 Kona The King . This had work done in the past. A powder coated frame in white along with Bomber forks, halo combat rims and few other bits. I have altered a few bits, starting on the forks. It now has some Rockshox Recon 120mm. New tyres conti king 2's. SRAM gold link chain and fresh seat. Currently waiting on hope bash guard and fresh decals for the forks.

After reading a thread on here about a Orange Ms Isle, it took me right back to my youth. I needed another! Hunting the sites and good old eBay, one showed up in a colour I hadn't seen before. I set to with spare bits I had saved over the years. The forks removed from the Kona were fitted along with a fat pig FSA headset. Race face chain set with a fsa BB. Mavic rims with Hayne 9 hydraulic discs. Waiting on a new stock stem and a pair of Orange bars from a Five.
Pictures to follow ASAP

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image.jpeg

New stem and original orange bars landed today. Along with some little adapters to fit the hydraulic hose to the frame for the Ms Isle. The kona has had a front splash guard fitted to the front shox along with some new decals.
Will grab some fresh pics ASAP

Quick update pic of the kona,

null_zps5607b131.jpg

New halo skewers , dmr frame guard, tektro bigger disc conversion, new decals on the Rockshox recons and v8 pedals.

Another update for the MsIsle.. I let the daughter use it for her first outing to Gisburn Forest. After an hour of blue route, she wanted to go on something a little more challenging. So first time trying the tail end of the Hope Line, she didn't make the corner at the end. End result was a snapped brake lever and this to herself...

image6.jpeg

It's healing well, and she wants to get back asap.

Back