SUPER RARE MYSTERY REAR MECH, ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?

weeman_mtb":22kio24g said:
So glad you got the Orbit Charlie, I was a bit concerned that I might have messed things up by outing it.

I'll keep an eye out for that build thread :cool: .

cheers weeman, she does have a few issues and is a tad rough to put it mildly, but she should scrub up ok .

have managed to get most of the parts i need already too. ;)

weeman_mtb":3j3w4vg4 said:
Charlieboy28":3j3w4vg4 said:
Have a you had a look at Pete's (Elpedro666) for some handlebar/grips inspiration :D ?

i have,he seems to be going more klunker style, bmx stem and renthals. im undecided, think i might nab his itm swan neck stem and see if i prefer flat bars or chrome risers and bmx stem.

Charlieboy":1davoqxe said:
my mech, and it is atb off road specific. released in december 86.
No the catalogue was made/printed Dec '86, they have date stamps on them.

which suggests my bike is perhaps 87.
It was the 1987 catalogue, if the much is original then yes.

I think it may also have been an '88 mech as well, the date code may indicate it.

weeman_mtb":35pd0t9m said:
Charlieboy28":35pd0t9m said:
Have a you had a look at Pete's (Elpedro666) for some handlebar/grips inspiration :D ?

Can't find any pics of this one, give me a clue please. :D

Cheers,
Andrew

andyz":2ynqqqui said:
weeman_mtb":2ynqqqui said:

Can't find any pics of this one, give me a clue please. :D

I can only find one photo of Pete's Orbit on the Peaks aftermath thread, a clear winner of the "widest handlebars award" :D .

Attachments

• Pete's Orbit.jpg
    Pete's Orbit.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 136
I had one of these on my Raleigh Maverick GT (Also came fitted to the Maverick ATB) I didn't get the nice SIS XT alike shifters though and 'upgraded' to some Hi-gear index shifters from the Shimano frictions. This mech shifted well and smoothly but eventually was replaced with a Deore II on that bike.

Carl.

Back