Gios Torino Super Record Paris-Roubaix 1977

Rich34":3pe27hce said:
Some great photos there,

Rich34":3pe27hce said:
Some great photos there, I love the fact that you went to Italy to get the bike...

Believe me a visit to Gios Torino in Volpiano (few k ouside Torino) is very interesting for every classic bike lover.

Aldo (right) and Marco with my frame
CIMG6775.jpg

Classic forks
DSC_1900.jpg

The "modern" Super Record
DSC_1869.jpg

A dream of every collector. Old bike from Italo Zilioli
DSC_1871.jpg

But this is also great. Left water and on the right side some whisky :mrgreen:
DSC_1875.jpg

It's original from the bike I show in this topic
DSC_1878.jpg

The showroom is more like a museum
DSC_1894.jpg

Ciclo cross bike from Eric de Vlaeminck
DSC_0008.jpg

Not for sale
DSC_0011.jpg

The showroom has normal shop hours and they are very friendly even if you buy nothing. If you are near Torino it's worth to visit.

Most of you also will love the wine and pasta when visit Italy :mrgreen:

I love the De Vlaeminck bike with the brake cable going through the seat post...

A visit to Gios is on my list of things to do. I own a '94 Compact Pro but I'm not sure that it's made by the "same" Gios as that factory? It has the same badge and "Made In Italy" on it. Close enough I should think...

Rich34":19dznx1q said:
I own a '94 Compact Pro but I'm not sure that it's made by the "same" Gios as that factory?

Yes it's made in the same factory. Separation between the Gios Torino Italy and Gios (Asian) was about spring 2010.
The new Gios Compact made by Gios Asian don't have the adjustable dropouts at the rear. And on your 94 there are :mrgreen:

Nice bike that 94''er!

I know we have bike of the month, but if we had post of the month, I think this should be it :)

A great story and great pics.

Robbied196":18f1231g said:
I know we have bike of the month, but if we had post of the month, I think this should be it :)

A great story and great pics.

Thanks. So a few for the road :mrgreen:

P5120002.jpg

P5120015.jpg

P5280001.jpg

P5280022.jpg

Above with new style pedals but here preparing for a retro ride
998624_10201073643456844_965052752_n.jpg

This modern jersey is a dedication to the famous Brooklyn team and fits very well to the bike.
PA130009.jpg

Brooklyn still made chewing gum. But I think only for Italy. Bought these in a hotel in Lombardia.
PA130010.jpg

stunning, great pictures

just incase it's of interest Rouleur magazine did a nice feature a few years back on de Vlaemincks Paris Roubaix winning bike

gmac123":26zeyoox said:
just incase it's of interest Rouleur magazine did a nice feature a few years back on de Vlaemincks Paris Roubaix winning bike

Yes article. I have that issue in my collection :mrgreen: Aldo Gios told me and he was very proud about that project. About the bike AND about the article. His own words: Un capolavoro (masterpiece)

Rich34":f9vplh4f said:
Yes it's made in the same factory. Separation between the Gios Torino Italy and Gios (Asian) was about spring 2010.
The new Gios Compact made by Gios Asian don't have the adjustable dropouts at the rear. And on your 94 there are :mrgreen:

Thanks - that's good to know - I thought the head tube badge was suspiciously similar. This is mine:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=249885

Though it's had a few changes recently so I ought to update the photos. Absolutely love this bike.

Stunning, simply stunning. I think the story that goes with your bike and the places you have already travelled with it make it all the more special.

Back