Singlespeed crank suggestions? M952 discussion.

Re: Singlespeed crank suggestions?

If you look around, they are not as pricey as you think ...

Mine was advertised at £40 and I think I paid £33 for it. I removed the chainrings and advertised them separately, ended up swapping them for a near new 952 bottom bracket.

So that's £33 for arms and matching bb. OK, so I need a ring but if I was polishing the arms up, that's a very nice and relatively 'cheap' set up :cool:

WD :D

I'd be happy to take a 950 chainset for £33. Any takers? :xmas-big-grin:

Pretty sure another went recently for sub £40 :D

It's the bottom bracket that's expensive / what I got lucky on - but you can get new (lower group set) options quite cheap. You can still buy new dura ace at about £60

Cheers, I picked up a set of m952 for £28, a little rough but perfectly acceptable and light for my winter bike!

Nice one :cool:

They can clean up well with a bit of care :

DSC08562_zps908415e7.jpg

DSC08621_zps46816073.jpg

Just make sure the bb you source is a version 1 / short spline :D

WD Pro":1a8urpd2 said:
Just make sure the bb you source is a version 1 / short spline :D

Nice, any tips on polishing?

There is a bottom bracket coming with them, what condition it will be in is anyone's guess. I don't think they can be serviced either.

By all accounts (and i am only going on what is on here, as I use a Dura-Ace V1 BB), there are 2 tyoes of the XTR v1 bottom bracket.... one is servicable, the other isnt, however which one is which, I cannot remember

G

My 950's polished up :D

5824477775_cf777deb88_b.jpg

5824483487_9d7ca89541_b.jpg

5888378326_56564bf903_b.jpg

Pdid":3h1t4wif said:
There is a bottom bracket coming with them, what condition it will be in is anyone's guess. I don't think they can be serviced either.

That was a good price then :cool:

I got the sealed type :

Which is kind of fit and forget. I think the type you can rebuild would be the longer lasting option IF it is set up and maintained perfectly :D

Back