1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott , rebuild starts page 4

After deciding that the original stem that came with nigel was staying, next was to decide the colour choice, as the stem originally appeared unpainted, maybe just lacquered, it just needed a quick sand up, clean and it was time to paint.

I've cleaned up all the threads up where possible.

brakes I think next.

Managed to squeeze in a quick refinish on these scott self energizer bunny brakes.

Next onto the brake holders and pads

Looking really good. Is that diesel being used as a parts cleaner in the bucket?

Thanks bullpup, no its not diesel, it was a combination of wd40 and meths that I used to clean some screws and bits n bobs up :)

Interesting combination - not heard of it before.

Hey U ,
Aint it about time you got that bike finished ? ;) BTW we are 1 2 and 3 now ! :facepalm:
Mike

Hey U ,
Aint it about time you got that bike finished ? BTW we are 1 2 and 3 now !
Mike

:LOL: I'm a getting there bud, but that bloody thing called work keeps getin in the way :( , I did however manage to make a little more progress on cleaning the pad holders and wot nots, before starting that, I wanted to finish off the cams on the brakes,

Much happier :)

Now to start on all the little bits.

starting point.

After a little bit of tlc :)

I gave the pads a quick once over too

So far then .

Braking development :oops: completed brake cleanup and restore and managed a dry build to check everything , think they look damm sexy :)

really pleased with these so far ,the only worry I have is setting them back up :( fingers crossed on that one :?

Time for the cranks to get some treatment next :)

Hi U ,
Brakes looking good bud . Check out the finish I got on my cranks on Scott update . Used 150 sandpaper worn down , 800 wet and dry , followed by Tcut metal polish . Tidy
Mike :cool:

Nice finish on your cranks mike , good skills :)

I've not tried T-cut metal polish, is it as good as autoglym metal polish do you know ?

I started on my cranks today, set off with 400 grit as they were not too scratched up and I'm up to 800 currently (plenty of washing up liquid) and I'll carry on right through to 2500 grit to give me that ultimate flat surface prior to polishing :)

I think the original factory finish was clear anodized to protect the polished surface, I have another project on the go where I'm sending stuff off to get anodized so might send these along too :)

Back