'93 Scott Team Racing IS FINISHED ! !

Re: '93 Scott Team Racing is reborn

Hi Mr U ,
Still waiting on seat post mate , so won't know about stem length 'til; then I'm afraid :( Taken pics as I've been building up , but unable to download 'til the weekend . How's Ermintrude looking ?
Mike

Got the 26mm seatpost yesterday ! Too small :facepalm: :evil: you can only measure about 1/2" into seat tube with vernier calipers . May end up going into LBS with it . Just waiting on stem and pedals now , then I can finish her off :|

Hi all ,
Finally made it to computer to update you on my project . Someone was taking the mech with this offering .
Didn't like the red bolt and it was stuck solid , so it had to go :roll: Half an hour , 3 drillbits a hacksaw , hammer and socket later , it was out :evil:

More pleasure and satisfaction was had when I got the cranks polished though ;)

Cleaned out the Ritchey cantis going on it , and noticed 2 location holes for the springs :? Adjustments for tension maybe ?

Went to LBS (x 4 ! ) trying to establish what size seat post I needed . Came out as being a 26.2 in the end , so I'm on the lookout for one now .

Attachments

• mech.jpg
    mech.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 574
  • mech1.jpg
    mech1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 574
  • cranks.jpg
    cranks.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 574
  • cantis.jpg
    cantis.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 574

Update part 2 !
Awaiting delivery of a stem and grips now , and still looking for a seat post , prefferably a silver Ritchey one , but thought I'd post a couple of pics with 26.0 post and temporary stem to give y'all an idea what she is gonna look like . Ta da !

Kinda cool I'm tinkin' :cool:

Attachments

• Scott1.jpg
    Scott1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 578
  • Scott2.jpg
    Scott2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 578

Thanks mate ,
I think it's coming together well . Can't wait to get it together now ,
least of all because my only other mtb is up for sale on this forum :(
Any luck with bar choice on the Superlight yet ?
Mike

Hiya mike, liking the look of your build , although surly that Shimano Xt 739 rear mech is going to be replaced with a short cage 735 ? :LOL:

Are you going for thumb shifters for the changing duties ?

Like the cranks :) I'm just about to go through the last few grades of wet n dry then polish the suckers up :p

Cant help but think black ritchey brakes would work better with that waitrose green you've got going on there though :)

Hi U , Whats a 735 look like then ? Could put the 737 on my next build :facepalm: Got seat post tonight ! Nice shiny ITM one for £11 :LOL: Didn't know those brakes came in black too . Don't want too much black though . I have XT pods going on when stem gets here . I quite like the three tone green look , don't look overly matched up if that makes sense . It's a bike that's gonna be ridden a lot , not put away in a glass case as a display piece .
Mike

Picture of the Shimano RD - M735 as below ;)

Hope you dont think I was being picky :( , I like your build , but cant help think that the long cage mech you have , for me , just does not sit right , a short cage mech for a 'team racing' scott is the way forward , the RD-M739 you currently have fitted was not released until 94 so its not period correct either :LOL: :LOL:

The ritchey brakes were available in black and kinda thought the black against the green would stand out better imho.

I'll go get into my box :oops: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMGP4574%20%2040%25.jpg
    IMGP4574%20%2040%25.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 559

Latest posts

Back