Pedal Washers

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anyone use pedal washers ? i.e. To save scuffs on the crank arm finish ?

If so, do they work / are they any good ?

Cheers,

WD :D

I do and I don't, depends on the cranks but generally not. They do work if that helps, but aren't really necessary imho.

Absolutely essential for 'Carbon' crank arms.
Whilst the benefits may be less on alloy, I use them on all of my own bikes.

:?excuse me , but what are pedal washers ? Are they to go between the pedal and crank ?

If so, does this not alter the ankle distance away from the bb , something that I thought everyone said , the closer the better ?

Surly if it's to prevent scuffs , then helitape would be the solution?

I've started using them but only because I got them knocked out at work for nowt. I was looking at the ring worn into second hand cranks from the pedals and thought that washers must surely reduce this.

I've never seen any bought ones, mine made from 0.4mm thick hardened and tempered shim.

Yeah, just a slim washer :D

It wont move the pedal out any more than you can adjust with a cleat (unless you are on the limit anyway) or you could acomodate my moving your foot on a flat :D

I guess this style of axle :

XMF08TT.jpg

Is OK / a lot less likely to mark the crank than this style :

1977_moped_parts_Wellgo-Pedal-334.jpg

WD :D

Much less likely to damage it. The flats cut into the crank, like a lathe tool. Also the first ones distribute the tightening force much better because the flange is far bigger.

If it's of use, the Wellgo SPD compatible pedals will move your foot out 5mm more than Shimano SPD.

Back