Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

LOL......, there you go as I suspected in the first place.....PMSL.

sinnerman":3ilpi4hh said:
LOL......, there you go as I suspected in the first place.....PMSL.

Im glad to have gotten to the bottom of that. You have saved CCE from having to give a tenner to charity.

The History Man":jmqbkff4 said:
So what's the unmarked hub and cassette?

Does it make any difference, you should not have to open the frame up to fit a wheel to any correctly assembled bike.

Swop out the axle, or change the wheel. as CCE has proved both sizes are available, and you have yourself confirmed the need to do so.

Well I thought this was about the bike not willy waving. My calipers aren't big enough for that.

Can I drop a shorter axle in this wheel then? And if so where do I find one?

What's the hub and cassette? Maybe LGF or CCE can help as they've been right so far. :mrgreen:

The History Man":2xsbggcf said:
Well I thought this was about the bike not willy waving. My calipers aren't big enough for that.

Can I drop a shorter axle in this wheel then? And if so where do I find one?

What's the hub and cassette? Maybe LGF or CCE can help as they've been right so far. :mrgreen:

Its not about cock measuring you right, (well not on my side anyway....LOL)

Its about assembling a bike correctly for the bike and the riders benefit............... :LOL:

IT JUST SO HAPPENS....

That while thrashing around the garage, I did unearth a nice Mavic 231/ M560 130mm set of wheels... Whether this is of any importance or not, I dont know. Will the world end over 2.5mm?

I would fila anything just yet, if you file the nuts, the axles will stick out and you wont be able to bolt the wheel back on. 2.5mm off each side of the axle too.

2mm if you are feeling nervous

BOSCH%20ANGLE%20GRINDER.jpg

should be a washer you can remove each side.

legrandefromage":3minocgu said:
IT JUST SO HAPPENS....

That while thrashing around the garage, I did unearth a nice Mavic 231/ M560 130mm set of wheels... Whether this is of any importance or not, I dont know. Will the world end over 2.5mm?

Perhaps you should ask the poor sod who bought one and needed two people to fit a rear wheel.... :facepalm:

To some it wont make any difference at all, after all a 20 year old frame can be pulled it can be "TWATED". I don't suppose it makes the world of difference NO.

But then I suppose it all depends on how well you like to build a bike, really.

I suspect Neil was trying to teach the fella properly when he assumed he had fitted the 130 axle like he first thought.

Back