Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

cce":2b4dzz5e said:
sinnerman":2b4dzz5e said:
The mid 90s STX RC parallax hubs have a 130mm width for the 7 SPD hub, Which is correct for this frame/build.

You could get them with a 130mm axle or a 135mm axle. Most of them will have been 135, because by the time they were produced, MTB frame production had gone over to 135mm almost without exception.

Damn right. I would presume that as by that time as 130 was the road standard, the majority of 130 hubs would have gone to 700c hybrids.

And, as I have never received any PM about any bikes I've sold, it must be some other Overbury as I never had an issue with mine.

You're also getting very emotive about "torturing" a frame. A frame will have been cold set by more than 2.5mm per side during the build process.

The History Man":3pia8zh5 said:
Cleaned up the lines, m732 levers. Changed the wheels and tyres. Getting blacker. Should the post QR go?

Black chainring, and u brake? Then done..........for now.

Such a lovely thing, seemed a shame to cover it in guards, lights etc.

This was mentioned yesterday before the great axle debate started.

Shall I go and measure the current wheels and the parallax ones to settle whether or not I'm committing frame abuse to the grand total of 2.5mm per side?

cce":1ge6srrw said:
You're also getting very emotive about "torturing" a frame. A frame will have been cold set by more than 2.5mm per side during the build process.

You missed my point completely. And Tell that to the fella that has to force his wheel in the frame every time he has a puncture.

If he wasn't having a problem WHY would he send an email to someone else with the same bike.

The only time spreading the rear stays to fit wider axles becomes a worry is when the 7th or 8th cog catches the drop-outs - It happens, I've done it thinking it would fit only to be met by a horrible crunch. Then what happens is that you learn from your mistakes and move on. Next time you measure if in doubt or offer it up first.

Or just go with the build the night before and twat it when you get a puncture

file.php

The History Man":3tq8wgd8 said:
The History Man":3tq8wgd8 said:
Cleaned up the lines, m732 levers. Changed the wheels and tyres. Getting blacker. Should the post QR go?

Shall I go and measure the current wheels and the parallax ones to settle whether or not I'm committing frame abuse to the grand total of 2.5mm per side?

Personally, i'd love to know the OLD of your 7-speed STX-RC parallax hub.

legrandefromage":jnizoogx said:
The only time spreading the rear stays to fit wider axles becomes a worry is when the 7th or 8th cog catches the drop-outs - It happens, I've done it thinking it would fit only to be met by a horrible crunch. Then what happens is that you learn from your mistakes and move on. Next time you measure if in doubt or offer it up first.

Or just go with the build the night before and twat it when you get a puncture

file.php

I shall BOW to your superior knowledge and Judgement Mark. And remember to "TWAT" it next time.....PMSL.

cce":xbe09re9 said:
The History Man":xbe09re9 said:
The History Man":xbe09re9 said:

Personally, i'd love to know the OLD of your 7-speed STX-RC parallax hub.

At least we are all talking about the same hubs at last.....LOL.

Latest posts

Back