this item is ***SOLD***

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
How many times have you opened a thread, looked with joy at the item you're interested in only to realise it is now SOLD?

It takes a few seconds to EDIT original posts placing the word ***SOLD*** in the title.

And if any one takes the time to read the forum rules regarding selling items you'd see that prices for sold items should be left on the thread not converted to £SOLD.

Rant over for the year :)

jonny

Sorry to be a nit picker, but what was offered and sold and what was the price paid. This helps me gauge what i should pay for a similar item in the future.

Cheers

Just to pick even more, smaller, nits:

If you're selling several, separately-photographed items in one ad, maybe delete the pictures of sold ones, for the benefit of those of us with slow connections :oops:

And as an observation, the best-reading ads for multiple items have the descriptions of sold items changed to either a smaller font, or a different colour - makes it far easier to scan the page for available stuff. I wouldn't expect that to become a rule, but maybe something to think about.

No, Koupe. Removing the pictures isn't a good idea. Old ads often help to establish a reasonable starting point for the price. Photos show the condition of the part, which is a huge factor in determining the price.

.. unless you want people to sell completely worn and scratched M900 rear mechs for the price of a mint one, of course.

Raging_Bulls":1ytfjnku said:
No, Koupe. Removing the pictures isn't a good idea. Old ads often help to establish a reasonable starting point for the price. Photos show the condition of the part, which is a huge factor in determining the price.

.. unless you want people to sell completely worn and scratched M900 rear mechs for the price of a mint one, of course.
I agree with this, just edit and put "sold" next to the relevant item and bobs your uncle.

Raging_Bulls":1g61t2qx said:

Fair enough - hadn't really thought of it that way. In that case, maybe just put as many items in one shot as you can without losing too much detail. There's been a few ads with (seemingly) stacks of individual shots which take an age to display. I know that really high-end stuff requires more detail shots, but I wouldn't be clicking on those ads anyway... :oops: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back