Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

The History Man":2ryysyn3 said:
Got tiny black lezyne femtos for when I need them. Post QR will go. Still looking for a black 94bcd 42t ring?

Tidy Lights.

As I say, if you need a rear wheel with a shorter axle and or rear mech let me know, I might even have a complete chainset.

Failing that, if the axle length is correct......? you havent posted any rear hub pics...? Is it an stx rc parallax......? 7 spd, 8 spd...?

I can always dig out the 7spd deore shifters for you.

Thanks for the offers. Just fiddling here while waiting to start the 'other' large steel. Shifting fine at present with 6+1.

Axle length is fine, I didn't have to spring the frame to get the wheels in.

That's assuming it is the same back wheel, just with the tyres changed.

The History Man":3r2knmav said:
Thanks for the offers. Just fiddling here while waiting to start the 'other' large steel. Shifting fine at present with 6+1.

Don't make do with indexing that doesn't match up, when you could have it perfect and for NO money...! The Difference will be self evident when you have swopped them out.

NeilM":1vkxtb3j said:
Axle length is fine, I didn't have to spring the frame to get the wheels in.

That's assuming it is the same back wheel, just with the tyres changed.

So I presuming from that statement, you are running a 7spd 130 axle Stx RC, as opposed to and 8spd 135.

Trying to get a straight answer to a civil question, to ensure a person gets the most from his bike is HARD with you too.....lol.

Swop out the shifters and get the set up right Neil, and it will be a different bike to be fair, as im sure you would know.

I don't think THM is deliberately being evasive, he genuinely barely knows his (retro) arse from his elbow.

Unless things have changed since THM and I built it, the wheel was a 130mm seven speed, but as it has moved on a little since then (for the better) I could be out of date, after all it is several weeks since I saw it last. :mrgreen:

NeilM":g9j5c4ln said:
I don't think THM is deliberately being evasive, he genuinely barely knows his (retro) arse from his elbow.

Unless things have changed since THM and I built it, the wheel was a 130mm seven speed, but as it has moved on a little since then (for the better) I could be out of date, after all it is several weeks since I saw it last. :mrgreen:

To be fair that's why I was trying to help out with parts.

If its 7spd then he has a 130 axle length, it was only the 8spd that ran 135.

The simple fix to his indexing, is an easy fix and wont cost him a penny as I said, simply swop out the 6sdp shifters for the correct 7spd ones, if he is going to continue running STX rc.

Axles on current and previous parallax wheels same length. Tight but fine. As long as two people pull while I drop the wheel in. ;)

If the indexing is a bit out I just pull the cable away from the tube like a bow string.

Didn't get that from Sheldon now did I?

Back