Need to figure out what i bought

SGR1913

Retro Newbie
I need to figure out what i bought :D
Peugeot Saint Bernard, initially i was fancying doing a singlespeed project, but i think maybe the bike is in too good condition and maybe i should ride it as is, with a few minor tweaks.

If anyone has any info on these bikes i'm interested. Need a longer seatpost so need to get that measured, 24mm initial research suggests, which are tricky to find.

Attachments

• DSC00111a.gif
    DSC00111a.gif
    431.9 KB · Views: 516
I'd leave as is, I would also not refer to it as gaspipe. Very nice indeed.

The pump was only taped on because i bought it at a 2nd hand bike fair and accessories tend to disappear.. Its actually surprisingly light and in excellent condition. Worth £65, I'll read up on the retro Peugeot website, strip it to the frame and check everything before I start riding it.

Still fancy a single speed project but don't think this is the right bike..

widowmaker":2d5va8le said:
Looks in decent condition :cool:

And we should ban the term gaspipe :!:

I hate it, to me it shows the sheer petty arrogance of some. Some use it without knowing this! :LOL:

Its just me I think, although some clueless clown termed one of my Carltons as Raleigh gas pipe - I hit the roof.

I wasn't offended by the gas pipe comments, i have other high end bikes, but this is a real back to basics similar to the bikes i used to ride as a kid.

Off to checkout the peugeot website

Back