Wile-e-Coyote..?

Re: Wild doggie

I cant see the Easton downtube label in that last pic too well, but all I care about is it looked quality and it was real light. The Cadex may have been CF tubes, but was less nice and more heavier.

And yes, whilst scaning ebay for months looking for a nice frame for my spare bits, I did see several Easton advertised frames, where it was clear only the main tubes were Easton.

Have never been sure what the Attitude is.. whether thats Easton, and I am unsure about something now. If the possible Coyote has tubes of American made Easton that have been welded up in the far East.. is Coyote an American firm, or a Far Eastern one..?

Oh and biking home from Thornton Reservoir this evening, that thought reminded me of my DB Axis, Taiwan magic and Tange Prestige! I wanted quality steel back then believe it or not :)

parkplodder":1v9ohh83 said:
I cant see the Easton downtube label in that last pic too well, but all I care about is it looked quality and it was real light. The Cadex may have been CF tubes, but was less nice and more heavier.

And yes, whilst scaning ebay for months looking for a nice frame for my spare bits, I did see several Easton advertised frames, where it was clear only the main tubes were Easton.

Have never been sure what the Attitude is.. whether thats Easton, and I am unsure about something now. If the possible Coyote has tubes of American made Easton that have been welded up in the far East.. is Coyote an American firm, or a Far Eastern one..?

Oh and biking home from Thornton Reservoir this evening, that thought reminded me of my DB Axis, Taiwan magic and Tange Prestige! I wanted quality steel back then believe it or not :)

Research Dynamics, was the American company to use the Coyote name, Essentially a ski company that marketed the bikes as Coyote.

They were all far east production, and not made by RD. It still remains unclear to me if the Uk Coyote Brand was independent of RD or not, perhaps a brain child of an Importer, I cant honestly say I remember... :oops:

Given this frame hold No memories for you, and given your health issues, and subsequent build decisions, and the fact you have essentially a blank canvas, why don't you try what some refer to here as an Overlander type build, or commonly known to the Americans as a Dirtdrop build.

It may help you immensely. It will give the Correct height, bar width, safety, and allow you to have a muti position handlebar, you can choose to use if you wish. The correct bar and Stem, is Key with these builds, It is NOT a normal style drop bar that you will be use to seeing and NOT to be confused with a normal drop handlebar bike that you are probably more familiar with.

Here is a the same style of build, actually branded RD coyote, Little is known about this bike, but my best guess it was made by the same fella responsible for making Mountain Goat.

Given your frame is alloy, take a look around at the Cunningham Bikes on this Site, Jacquie Phelan is even a member here, her on going history with Cunningham is forged in our History books, and these people really know what they are doing.

Also you will notice a Salsa in this Months BOTM, also owned ridden and used by an American you have met, using the same style of build.

Attachments

• coyotebar.jpg
    coyotebar.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 310
  • coyoteside.jpg
    coyoteside.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 310
  • coyotestem.jpg
    coyotestem.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 310

An apt Quote for you....

I’ve seen mountain bike rides transform people – not just their bodies but their way of thinking. Their spirit."

Charlie Cunningham.

:cool:

Attachments

• Cunningham Racer..jpg
    Cunningham Racer..jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 303

Oooh, now I love that red bike. And Ive been looking for a nice high rise stem like that. Never tried the new roadie combo brake and shifters. 30 years ago I tried one with a down tube shifter, and hated it. Gears and brakes where they should be now then. Just like MTBs :)

Not sure what you mean at all about getting the right height. Bar my very high utility bike below, all my bikes are 29" from centre bb to top of sadle, 29" from the front axle to handle bar end, and ride length 21" saddle tip to stem/bar . (Offroad Manitou a little higher at the front for downhilling). The bikes are all perfect measurements for me now. A lot of scheming with frames and parts has meant all match each other, all fit my body perfectly, all feel great to ride. I am really really not sure why getting another bike will fit me better, when it will simply have to be at those dimensions,. Or be another high riser like Im already creating for chilled out long road trips.

There is no money left now just debt to pay off for this years upgrade purchases. Much as I like those bikes youve posted,, I wanted a silver aluminium mtb frame to go with all those spare bits and white wheels that needed using again. And I want a bike again that has XTR shifters and brake on the ends of the bar ends. I miss that permanent position on a bike, and the power it gives my arms and legs to race down tracks and roads, or power up hills. Bit like the brake/shifter positions above really

The Cadex also has to come back in use again, and this one I do intend to make a permanently high position bike. I will be in sit up and beg for long distance road rides, the idle Campag groupset will get used again, and I will not need antlers then on the Merlin. I have seen super high 'townie' bars I like by some American cruiser bike firm I cant remember now, and Deutch style swept back high rise bars, and swept back trekking super high rise bars I have got off dbay now, which have gone on my city utility runaround.

I have managed to get high tubed threaded 1" steerer forks to go with the 1" ahead headset, A high rise stem will put me then virtually bolt upright, and i have then my perfect long distance road touring If that Coyote frame is had it tho, then my £25 Fischer Procaliber frame is at the ready. Will just have a red and yellow racer instead.

My brain hurts now :)
Thanks for info, I do enjoy learning
Thanks too for advice, but the Masterplan has long been worked out and well set

Time to go to the land of Nod
D :)

Well, I'm calling it a day on this one. Thought I'd show my Wile E Coyote. Just hope its not like the cartoon character and has succumbed chasing that bird.
D

Back