Sid Barras Falcon Frame... tempted if genuine.

Midlife

Retro Wizard
As above, don't think it sold.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Falcon-Reynol ... true&rt=nc

I keep a lookout for Falcon Frames from the 70's. We sold them in the shop, Billy Holmes worked for them, I have a San Remo Road frame, the Track frame is somewhere...... but

When I sort of left cycling back in 1978 Sid Barras rode for Viking but I gather he had a spell with Falcon-Campagnolo 1982-84

Could this be really one of his frames...........it's out of my era so any help welcome.

Thanks

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I would have thought Sid rode a smaller frame, but it was 30 years ago.

BITD loads of lads (well the better ones) from the Hull thursday cycling club raced on these frames. I think there was a sponsorship deal going on, long time ago, fuzzy brain etc

No always been in Sheffield clubs, but you get to know the riders and teams with whom you race in the area. Road racing, could never do TT's

Yep, Sid Barras was a bit of a short ar$e and that frame is too big for him.......I was just about to slag him off about his riding style and then wondered if he was a friend of yours :)

Seriously though, I have a soft spot for Falcon Frames, is that a genuine frame as far as you can remember?

Shaun

PS My Avatar is in black and white but the top is HTRC Blue / pale blue.....as is this pic in about post 4

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=209054

I think Shaun Price would have been general Manager of Falcon about this time........maybe he might have an idea? It's a bit after my time so struggling a bit :(

Shaun

Found a pic of the 1982 team but the early 80's and Falcon seem devoid of information..

Shaun

Back