Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

NeilM":wydzni9c said:
coomber":wydzni9c said:
nice to see a bike being ridden.
Oh it gets ridden alright, despite THM's high post count. ;)

I think it's looking as cool as a cool thing fresh from the chiller.

neil, LOL, stop being such an old woman.....lol..., :LOL:

He has had a good teacher in you, and your Not trailing far behind on the post count stakes yourself.....lol.

Your threads are becoming so similar, If I had not seen your bikes pictured together on the Golf course, I would have presumed you had two accounts, and have been talking to yourself, and believe me......, I have been there............PMSL.

On a More serious note, I posted a couple of pics on your mates thread, Ref Overlander/dirt drop builds, with a few pics, incase you didn't find anything when you googled it, for your latest Dave Yates acquisition, if did decide to go that way after all.

The History Man":15ciakti said:
Cleaned up the lines, m732 levers. Changed the wheels and tyres. Getting blacker. Should the post QR go?

Black chainring, and u brake? Then done..........for now.

Such a lovely thing, seemed a shame to cover it in guards, lights etc.

What thumbshifters and Cassette are you running on this....?

The History Man":1v1ggcwy said:
Hook, line and sinker. :LOL:

That was too easy.

Not Really..................PMSL,

Simply trying to help you both achieve Marin Man POST count Status.....LOL....LOL....LOl.

Sadly I fear you have not been here long enough, to realise..... :LOL:

sinnerman":1qg53i4n said:
The History Man":1qg53i4n said:
Cleaned up the lines, m732 levers. Changed the wheels and tyres. Getting blacker. Should the post QR go?

Black chainring, and u brake? Then done..........for now.

Such a lovely thing, seemed a shame to cover it in guards, lights etc.

What thumbshifters and Cassette are you running on this....?

See page 3. Deore shifters. As for cassette, no idea. Was bought with another set of wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 306
Hows the gear change...? Is that a six speed shifter....?

Looks much better without the mudguards to be fair. And the stem and brake levers are far better.

Im surprised you didn't take makster up on the offer of the saddle though. Its less about looks and more about comfort im sure, the better quality of the Turbo will be far better on you ass long term. And it would really suit the build too of course... :cool:

How is the Alves coming along, looking forward to seeing it finished I must say.... :cool:

given all your riding.

If you decide to keep it running a seven or eight speed system, let me know and I probably have some appropriate Deore thumbies I could trade with you, to get your gears running efficiently and correctly.

Or if you want to build it using a six speed...? I can probably help there too, im sure I have something, either way im sure you will find the running greatly improved.

Also, make sure you are running the correct rear axle width for that frame, the last member that sold his Overburys bike on, sold it with the wrong axle in the rear and used it long term splaying the frame out too far, this wont help either.

Would appreciate the who what where why when on this as I've got your attention.

Quite like it for a number of reasons but a bit pretentious maybe, and not worth the time and effort?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 289
If your usure i will take the saddle if you Splitting....! :LOL:

Got tiny black lezyne femtos for when I need them. Post QR will go. Still looking for a black 94bcd 42t ring?

Back