Time for shopping? Dawes Kingpin 80's

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Is Shopping biking allowed here?
Love this more than I should, really takes me back to the 80's, lovely made in England cruiser.

Excellent....A none folding version like that was my first 'proper' bike and as it had bigger wheels than my mate's silly Raleigh thing I thought I had really made it. Did miles on the thing...but it wasn't as nice a colour as that, mine was a sh*tty brown one!! :LOL:

Shoppers are welcome as far as I'm concerned, but they're not to everyone's taste. I reckon as long as the aim is to go fast enough it's fine ;)

Damn it's more a cruiser, I learnt not to hammer Sturmey Archer gears in the 80's so test run was strictly chilled and I bloody loved it, didnt get shouted at by local hoodlums for having a ghey bike in a ghey colour. Bonus. To make it quicker I will have to attempt a Dales Supermarket Sweep blast on it! :-D

Hey LikeClockwork, glad it's struck a chord, glad I posted it. My first bike was also a girly kids shopping style bike. I was only 7 I added a fake cross bar made out of a welding rod container, fooled EVERYONE! Haha!

Yeah I really like the colour. Was going to sell it and baited by GF to sell it too but it's too ace, so she can ride it next summer or I'll cruise shows on it and collect shopping essentials.

Pity it's not a folder, as I could do with one now I'm lumbered with a miles away car park in Mancbrox.

Oh! Haha. Ace!

I think the bike that tried to replace my shopper style kids bike was the rustiest crustiest Raleigh Chopper from a farm barn. Finally they listened and got me a damn BMX, eek and that's firstly taken me off topic, of road....

Back