Show us your slick tyred MTBS

Changed my racer from a Attitude MC1 to a MC2, the one i painted British Racing Green. Fitted with some newer stuff and Coda hubs with Campagnolo Contax rims. Slicks are Kojak 2.0, i like the "fatter" look of the tires more than the skinny ones...

Did a trip 2 days ago around the Markermeer in Holland, 160 km. with two almost straight parts of around 25 km :shock: boring!
This foto is on a dike which is 26 km with only water on both sides...

Attachments

• IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 938
  • MC2-2509.jpg
    MC2-2509.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 940
  • MC2-2709.jpg
    MC2-2709.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 936
Raging_Bulls":1gisl08b said:
And just to kill the rumours, having slicks doesn't mean you can't go off-road. It just means you have less grip and therefore need to be a better rider.
In fact I'm tempted to say that knobby tyres are for wussies and amateurs. :p

Indeed.....

Bloody loved that bike :cool:

unkleGsif":2j8gnx72 said:
Raging_Bulls":2j8gnx72 said:
And just to kill the rumours, having slicks doesn't mean you can't go off-road. It just means you have less grip and therefore need to be a better rider.
In fact I'm tempted to say that knobby tyres are for wussies and amateurs. :p

Indeed.....

Bloody loved that bike :cool:

What are those tyres? I like them!

My black on black with black accents Catalyst.

369ea25c.jpg

Raging_Bulls":1rru9aii said:
In fact I'm tempted to say that knobby tyres are for wussies and amateurs..

..Okay okay, so I merely descended a muddy slope on the side of a bridge, just because it was the best way to get back on the canal path.
Still did better than the 2 modern full sussers that tried to follow me. Those guys had to pick their bikes back up at the bottom.

I haven't heard these rumours! Most of us older riders first took non specific bikes off road, often with the near slick tyres they came supplied with. What is rather ridiculous is the number of super grippy huge tread tyres seen on full sussers that never see an inch of mud!

Just for the sake of the argument though, try going back up that slope on 'slicks', and then try again with some serious knobblys.

The fact is, I feel, that 90% of what people are riding can be more efficiently done on smoother profile tyres. But since when has function interfered with people's desire to have the most gnarly, over the top machines?

One merely need observe the fools riding around on huge mud tyres in their 4x4s all summer when they rarely take them off tarmac, let alone into mud! I personally know a number of these fools!

Raging_Bulls":2qd97ocs said:
having slicks doesn't mean you can't go off-road. It just means you have less grip

Depending on the surface you can have more grip.

highlandsflyer":2qd97ocs said:
I feel, that 90% of what people are riding can be more efficiently done on smoother profile tyres

Minimum of 2 dirt sections in a Supermoto course. 50+ HP. On a 2 stroke. With slicks. Only real problem is if the sections are sandy, and judicious throttle usually works in that. Riding a bicycle with .1 HP and slicks on dirt is a piece of cake.

PDR_0118_zps7d332b2d.jpg

Well it's not a Ktm but it did get my overweight, ex-smoker ass through the London to Brighton night ride this year(I couldn't get it up that bastard of a hill before the a27 though :( )
null-13.jpg

Back