Free School Meals

videojetman":130hjaku said:
But getting back to the benefit system, where i live the general situation is most of the benefit claimants can afford their cigs and alcohol, their massive 50 inch telly, their 1 million watt stereo systems, while idiots like me furnish their lifestyle.

This has already been addressed. You don't need to "afford" anything once you already own it.

technodup":3b9bp2wb said:
Neil":3b9bp2wb said:
technodup":3b9bp2wb said:
What is wrong with everyone paying the same rate of tax? That is inherently fair.

You're playing dumb for pay, here, aren't you...

The truly rich / high earners, don't pay anywhere near the same proportion / rates of taxation as the proles, and you know it.

Notionally, the tax rate may be higher, but there's that special, magical, something-something that means that there's only very limited amounts of income that's applied to.
The truly rich are a red herring, always going to be a target for the jealous. They will always find ways to reduce their liability, as would anyone in their position.

What I find unfair is that someone who studies, works hard, applies themselves etc is rewarded with a higher income tax bracket than someone who trundles through life blaming everyone else for their own failings. There's nothing progressive about that.

I've had to pay (at least a proportion) of higher rate tax for probably most of my adult working life to date. And the only thing I find unfair about it, is it hits the slightly better than average, hardest.

The significantly higher earners, and truly rich, get off scot free in comparison. A lot of the high earners, and truly rich, probably pay less, proportionally, than basic rate taxpayers as a proportion of their true income.

Bats":58agwpxr said:
videojetman":58agwpxr said:
But getting back to the benefit system, where i live the general situation is most of the benefit claimants can afford their cigs and alcohol, their massive 50 inch telly, their 1 million watt stereo systems, while idiots like me furnish their lifestyle.

This has already been addressed. You don't need to "afford" anything once you already own it.
Thing is benefits claimants should'nt be able to afford luxuries. This is exactly why so many people use the system, if you are on benefits and smoke & drink, you get too much benefits. Simples. ;)

No, read it again.

You were moaning that they can afford Big tellies and HiFis while they're on the dole.

I pointed out they probably already had it before they ended up on the dole.

Bats":2pau9ac4 said:
No, read it again.

You were moaning that they can afford Big tellies and HiFis while they're on the dole.

I pointed out they probably already had it before they ended up on the dole.
Some do, & some don't

And until you've got proof, best to not make any assumptions on how many of one and how many of the other.

Living the so called life of luxury on benefits tends to give you a better perspective.

Bats":3t9y9j74 said:
And until you've got proof, best to not make any assumptions on how many of one and how many of the other.

Living the so called life of luxury on benefits tends to give you a better perspective.
I never made assumptions, i actually know a few of these people.
And i only go by the area i live.
In other areas it may be a different case, but here in runcorn its rife with benefit cheats.
Sorry if it offends but the truth sometimes hurts.

You say the "truth", and that where you live is "rife with benefits cheats".

But you're not actually saying how many that is. "rife" isn't a number. Count with me. 1,2,3,4, rife, 5, 6... Err no.

So given what you're saying is really really vague, it's not a very good truth. There's no solid meaning to it, whenever you look at it really closely, it wiggles about and squirms.

Here's a solid truth:only 0.7% of the welfare budget is lost to fraud.

I'm sure you can help the DWP find the cheats. Tell them they "live around runcorn" and that there's "sortof loads of them". Very precise and useful information, that.

I have mentioned before that i know 2 people who are on benefits - neither officially work but one does - and is quite busy. The other has never worked and she is in her late 30's but 'prefers' not to work. I see them regularly in the pub, both smoke, have a car and seem to have plenty of disposable 'income'.

The one who works gets paid cash - he pays no tax and he gets benefits - is he a benefit cheat?
The one who choses not to work - is she a benefit cheat?

I won't start ranting about people not paying the correct amount of tax - another huge annoyance to me.

Richard

Bats":zpa7p0ra said:
You say the "truth", and that where you live is "rife with benefits cheats".

But you're not actually saying how many that is. "rife" isn't a number. Count with me. 1,2,3,4, rife, 5, 6... Err no.

So given what you're saying is really really vague, it's not a very good truth. There's no solid meaning to it, whenever you look at it really closely, it wiggles about and squirms.

Here's a solid truth:only 0.7% of the welfare budget is lost to fraud.

I'm sure you can help the DWP find the cheats. Tell them they "live around runcorn" and that there's "sortof loads of them". Very precise and useful information, that.
the estate i live on has roughly 8 - 10 households i know of who live this lazy lifestyle.
and on other estates around my area i know people who relate the same sorry story.
you can pick holes in my account, go ahead, i'm only stating the obvious. there is no predjudice to my accounts.
i'm sure if we discussed this face to face you may see things differently. and i would most certainly see things differently.
i don't see any point responding to your posts. lets just agree to differ.

Back