headset nut that doesn't have a lip?

GazK

Retro Guru
I'm after a standard 1" headset lock nut, but one that doesn't have a lip, allowing to to go all the way down this steerer:

DSC_0454.JPG

It's part of a Dawes Kingpin conversion I'm doing. Does anyone know where I can purchase such an item?

There were a handful of headsets that did not have the lip but mostly low end jobs as I recall. You could file the lip off and then tap the threads....

Might be able to help you here - I've got a YST headset that has a topnut that doesn't have the lip - i.e. it's just a bloody huge nut!

English thread, if you think it's any use to you it's yours - gratis. I will never find a find a sure for it.

FINNEY1973":ps3lnfr7 said:
Might be able to help you here - I've got a YST headset that has a topnut that doesn't have the lip - i.e. it's just a bloody huge nut!

English thread, if you think it's any use to you it's yours - gratis. I will never find a find a sure for it.

That sounds perfect Finney, if I PM you my address could you send it to me? I'll refund your postage of course.

GazK":3u9c3den said:
FINNEY1973":3u9c3den said:

That sounds perfect Finney, if I PM you my address could you send it to me? I'll refund your postage of course.

Yep, just PM me your address, I'll load up a photo of the bits and you can tell me which are of use to you.

Just read my original words - what's I will never find a find a sure for it!! Need to get more sleep I reckon!

Photo of all the parts - let me know what's of use and i'll get it posted to you.

Attachments

• IMAG0426.jpg
    IMAG0426.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 435
Back