the riser bar conundrum? the riser bar nasty! pics on P5

glad to know people don't think it's awful, i suppose that the replaced parts are similar in looks helps it not look out of place.

i think the reason i didn't want to put a riser bar on is that 1, i didn't think it would suit the build and 2, i didn't really want to admit that the position was too racey for me and also 3, i sort of thought i get a bit of crap for doing it! :LOL:

Just been out for a spin on the Zaskar - not been on it for a year or so and after riding a lot of slack 80's stuff, that stem is like a tiller! The bars are too narrow and the stem too long...

Attachments

• zaskar tiller.jpg
    zaskar tiller.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 266
Just left the club.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 250
thing is, it's all relative isn't it. my Fat has a low front end, i've gradually brought it up to a height that makes it comfortable to ride, your overburys was already quite high so lowering it gives it a still normal position. so arguably you have done the same as me but the opposite if that makes sense!

the proof is in the pudding so to speak, it definitely made a difference, i did 25miles this afternoon, significantly less aches generally. i will still keep an eye out for another stem though, main reason is for it to be a 25.4mm clamb as opposed to 31.8 then shimmed but if it happened to be a 110x25.4x5degree that would be perfect i think. the slightly wider position of a riser bar i think helps aswel.

overall, does the job :D

Attachments

• bs riser.jpg
    bs riser.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 265
i've considered that a couple of times, but in real terms i don't think it would make a huge difference, the saddle is mounted reasonably forward, if i had an inline post it would be pushed mostly back, either way it's pretty much the same position, i feel the issue was previously a reasonably long top tube and a long stem, both together was just that little bit too much but also changing the post would affect the height i wanted at the front.

:)

Looks alright, esp given it's a relatively modern looking build anyhow. If I was to make one suggestion it would be two sets of bar ends arranged to give an even higher riding position.

Back