Wile-e-Coyote..?

Re: Wild doggie

So much for me wanting to huild a bike up again after all these years. Ans so much for coming on here for help
D

Frame looks to me to be a far east Generic alloy affair, available throughout the trade, bearing one name or another dependant on the shop whom retailed it.

Given the HUGE Easton decal, I wouldn't be at all surprised, if some where on the frame, there is a faint outline stamp, Bearing a Diamond with an E inside it.

Several polished alloy frames arrived in bulk for retail, mainly in two grades, Easton and a lower grade alloy, to hit two price points.

That I'm sure the previous owner added, as with all the decals. And that includes the word Coyote. There is a genuine Easton badge on it however, at the bottom of the seat tube, and I think it said Programme tubing. The very narrow rear stays meet the seat tube at the top, by merging first into one thicker tube first. Looks very neat. That I recall from many years ago, but just cant remember the model. D

Sorry... missed message above. I never weighed the frame, before I cycled with it and the Mosso forks on my back to DD Cycles for the job I couldnt do. But it was ultra light. (Theres a Coyote HT2 called that so apt) D

Am going to try with those new grips now, and a cheapo high rise BBB stem just bought off ebay. The old expensive one now too low for me. They are unusual and different yes...look a bit odd yes, but give me a nearer position for climbing at the back... then the normal front position is for flat riding. Bit like having a 'roadie' bike. Not a long distance steed, but out for an hour at speed.

The flat bar is a kevlar weave jobbie which flexed slightly to take out road shock, and this time, the Hyperend Guardians protecting me as designed for, from wayward over hanging greenery etc, on narrow country roads or canalside tracks. Gone to the Merlin now tho, as I found the XTR brake/shifter units needed a bit of the room where the Answer's clamps were. Hope this new version proves as good as the old bike. That is if I ever get the frame back safely repaired...

parkplodder":32r247hu said:
That I'm sure the previous owner added, as with all the decals. And that includes the word Coyote. There is a genuine Easton badge on it however, at the bottom of the seat tube, and I think it said Programme tubing. The very narrow rear stays meet the seat tube at the top, by merging first into one thicker tube first. Looks very neat. That I recall from many years ago, but just cant remember the model. D

There you Go, a Far east frame Using Easton Programme Tubing. As for the model name ill have a look through what I have, theres probably an ad somewhere from the Uk importer of the time.

Am a bit unsure on response. If it has an Easton Programme badge on it, was that all legit with Easton's approval..? Or do you think its pretending to be something its not..?
(Last Ebay pic put up shows rear stay arrangement a bit better by the way, plus the tubing decal)
D

If you like it and it's light plus it meets your needs the manufacturer is unimportant for me. Many top frame companies use far eastern factories to build their frames to their specifications and their standards. As long as the tubing is of good quality and the welding to high standard, which it usually is as they have the skills and machinery to do, you will have a quality frame...

Goody morn, Hope enjoyed the show. Loved the frame on sight, and I was astonished at the weight when the Postie passed it to me. The carbon Cadex was a bit heavy and boring, so this was a joy to receive and perfect to replace the old roadster. Welding not as good as my U.S. numbers, but still very good indeed for a mass produced number. Just wondered what the flip I had actually bought :)

Back