Re: My Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

Nick,
Awesome build and the bike is a great result in the end.

Chin up mate... health is a top priority :cool: :cool:

Now then now then that is so nice matey :cool: man hope you had gets better soon ;)

Half way through a hangover breakfast probably wasn't the best time to check up on your progress then...

Bike's looking amazing, glad you're finally getting happy with it!

All the best with your recovery, hope you're back fettling soon.

Uffff It hurts me! :facepalm:

I hope you'll be better very soon. :)

I cut a tendon of my index finger and took a time to recovery it. I was cutting iberic ham with a extremely sharp knife, it slipped and it arrived to my knuckle of the finger. Almost 30 surgery points to return in place the effects the disaster. Isn't very common but isn't very strange injury here in Spain. At least, it was an 100% iberic ham from Jabugo :)

Thanks for all the comments above guys,

The upside of not being able to go to work over the past few weeks has meant that I had plenty of idle time,
time that was channeled in to the ongoing quest to find those illusive “wish list parts”

Postman delivered this today ….. 122mm Bottom Bracket, and did it ever give me a buzz,
the Mrs thinks I’ve gone stark raving mad getting excited about a lump of antique metal :shock:
However despite its age all that’s needed is a quick clean, a good polish and we’re good to go. :LOL:

Attachments

• 122mm Grafton BB.jpg
    122mm Grafton BB.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 587
Yeti ARC

Hi Guys

Its been a while since I last updated this post, so thought I'd post a few pictures.

Since having my self inflicted accident it’s forced me to down tools but also given me time to reflect on my build and assess what I really want to achieve. This build has always been “Work in progress” as its been a learning curve on the knowledge front and even when I’ve known what I wanted the parts have proved to be very illusive….

With help from Silverfish the Pro’s Closet, John Rock and Racer X amoungst others I’ve secured some top draw kit and now going for a full sweep of the Grafton/Ringle catalogue in glorious 3DV, okay some of the kit needs a trip to the anodizers as it’s the wrong colour and thanks to WD Pros master class on Wet n Drying / polishing some tatty levers now have a reasonable luster once again.

Once Rampage at Intrincycles has finalised the 3dv process and sent back a few test samples the rest will be winging its way over to him

I keep having to pinch myself when I look at them, I'm sure the wife thinks I've a secret women hanging out in the workshop as I can't keep away and return with a big smile :LOL:

Hope to have it finished ready for a lap of Mayhem this year

Nick

Attachments

• Perf Flite.jpg
    Perf Flite.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 546
  • Flite March 1992.jpg
    Flite March 1992.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 546
  • Moby Post.jpg
    Moby Post.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 545
  • Grafton pedals.jpg
    Grafton pedals.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 545
  • Escape Pods.jpg
    Escape Pods.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 545
  • Grafton 1.jpg
    Grafton 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 545
  • Ringle Hub.jpg
    Ringle Hub.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 546
Re: Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

Having finally spoked my Mavics up after 10yrs of owning them I thought I'd better do a proper job on them before Eric (Rumphy) flames me :shock: with his eagle eye for detail and not being backwards at coming forward you just know he'll "Muller Yah" :LOL:

Still think I'm one eye out, but its fcuking close if it is,

however, more importantly the Valve is in the right place in the spoke pattern ;)

Attachments

• Mavic 321.jpg
    Mavic 321.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 538
  • One for Eric.jpg
    One for Eric.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 538
redfern1950s":9bcztiok said:
Some nice stuff there nick, especially the flite, it looks mint

Cheers Martin
The Flite’s in great shape ....when I saw it, I feel in love with the perforations it looks classy and thankfully was a genuine 1st edition red label,
I must confess I’m a serial looker of other peoples builds and seriously fell in love with your chain below from your Sherpa build thread, posting.php?mode=quote&f=6&p=2163062

Mid 90’s memories came flooding back, without wishing to steel you’re thunder I just had to buy one :D

redfern1950s":9bcztiok said:
I should be able to finish this bike now before the week end..

The chain arrived this morning.
Sedisport atb-z.

1995/6 yeti sherpa by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Back