m900 freehub identification

PopsTrippin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Perhaps an easy question for those in the know but....How can i tell if i have a m900 freehub on my m900 rear hub?

Wanting a m900 cassette but read in the archive that they are only compatable with said freehub.

Thanks - Rich

M900 cassette will work on any 8sp+ freehub.

The m737's are better though.

Anyway, they have a screw in plastic dirt shield, a 3mm Alu silver ring fitted very tight near the spoke sides. This stops the old designs damaging the Alu cassette carrier.
It'll have threading on the outside section of the freehub near the end.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190474

PopsTrippin":4gechmow said:
Thanks for that bud. :)

In what way are m737's better?
Until the m900 change to a rivited design they kept falling apart.
I had 2 m900 where the top ring and 2nd fall off as the mini chainring bolts undo,both in just a few months.
I still have them in a box next to some new ones.
I moved to m737 had no problems plus you get 11/28 over the 12/28 of m900. Which worked and still work with my 26(24)-36-48 setup I use.

If you can find the slightly later -I models you get the improved down shifting (backside cog profiles) used ever since

Only have these:

Grotefoto-CAXWNQ67.jpg

FluffyChicken":3txc8h1i said:
PopsTrippin":3txc8h1i said:
Thanks for that bud. :)

In what way are m737's better?
Until the m900 change to a rivited design they kept falling apart.
I had 2 m900 where the top ring and 2nd fall off as the mini chainring bolts undo,both in just a few months.
I still have them in a box next to some new ones.
I moved to m737 had no problems plus you get 11/28 over the 12/28 of m900. Which worked and still work with my 26(24)-36-48 setup I use.

If you can find the slightly later -I models you get the improved down shifting (backside cog profiles) used ever since

Ooh might you have one for sale? Wouldn't loctite keep everything in place?

M737's appear cheaper (on eBay but there is only 1 m900 for comparison) but ideally i'd like to build the bike as true as possible.

Back