Help the Aged.. (:

Re: Saggy bottom!

OK just did a search on the cleats..
These ?
Speedplay-Frog_big.jpg

If so I think the normal SPD machine screws will work.

You could see if the new G3 cleats can be used.
Give them a bell... http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.frog

Wow.. My poor brain cant keep up :)
Doesnt appear to be any rod in the top caps. Oil damper seems perfect. Rode beautifully this evening on the 4 current good elastomers I put in. So I think we have tge year, and if I see again elastomers or Springs for a 96 XC, I can decide which and purchase. Taken me ages to get that right in my head. Ta, D

Yeah thats the pedals and spare cleats I have ta. Need 6 dinky bolts from somewhere... Cant find on Ebay

Re the above Mission Control, one piece combined black handlebar and stem. It caused so much flak and abuse here that I had built the bike up with the higher quill stem system (originally a 1&1/4"" quilled ATAC). I never removed that collar and took the original low system off caus I used to also ride low and climb hills on the bar ends, and caus I wasnt sure if it was locking the headset down. Have been since advised, I could try and put spacers in the gap like ahead systems, if I can find some big ones. Not sure. May just keep and be done.

So that's why there is a black bar in the picture :LOL:
Keep it and mount lights on it :)

Don't know much about the mission setup, there might be info on how it works in the archive and gallery. Link is at the top if you're not on a mobile device.
If it's just compression then you could remove and flog it and use spacers if you can get them. If it's 1-1/8" that should be easy.
Maybe even use a normal long high rise stem or adjustable stem.

BBB make some interesting kit for these sorts of modifications.

I'm assuming it back or neck problem like many on here have.

Re: Problems with the elderly ... (3)

Ha.. you have got it. I was thinking weeks ago, that with Winter coming, I might have some good spotlights on there either side. I do still climb using them as pic shows, but all that room could be put to goid use. Only thing is... I have 4 bikes for Summer (the expensive 90s Americana) and 4 cheaper ones for Winter wet and mud doing the same. 2.1" full tread, 1.7" semis, 1.3 and 1.5" slicks. X2 :) The Klein usually sit cosy indoors then when its Winter and dark. Really wanted lights on that Procaliber Im doing up on other thread. Only cost £25, so less worried about it. Gonna brew on it tho...
D

Re: Problems with the elderly ... (3)

Fluffy.
Yes its neck ache sometimes after a long ride, and thats why ive just added the Monkeybar. Quill stem has been used for 18 years. In '96 or whenever the frame arrived, it came a bit small. I asked for 17" frame, but as happens a lot on ebay I have found, they took that as bb to top of seat tube, not centre bb to centre of tt. It thus was a 15". It had been hard to get hold of, and with £200 offered knocked off for error, I accepted it. I then just added a steerer tube shim and put a quilled ATAC stem in, and all was good. Roox supplied a longer than average seatpost, and all distances then measured same as my other bikes.

The steerer is 1 &1/4", and spacers would then have to fill out to the collar width of the mission to look right. About 2"..? Am told i could have it converted to modern Ahead, and then have a modern stem like BBB. I have a high rise one of them on my utility hike now. All too much bother tho.,. and I have not got the money, so will just leave it and try and avoid the abuse from any hostile Retrobikers

Cheers, D

Back