Shimano 24 hr Road Event

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Pat still has plenty of room for more teams in this event which is a lot less subscribed than he expected by this stage. Seems 'roadies' can't take the pressure like 'mtb'ers' can in 24 hr events! Knowing Pat, the organisation will be equally as good as 'Mayhem' and Sleepless' and with support from Shimano, prizes should be good too.

Has anyone on here entered a team? Perhaps a 'retro' team like at 'Mayhem' might be possible? But don't look at me 'cos I ain't anywhere near fit enough!! If you need any more details though I can probably get them but also visit the race's website

http://www.shimano24.com/index.html

Full info there.

It's not to bad for you in Hereford, quite close for you. Long way for me!

Looks like you might be doing a solo! Just take plenty of food and energy drinks!

I was up for it , till I discovered my wife is due to give birth anyday around that time .

Old Ned":28cc2q4g said:
Looks like you might be doing a solo!

I don't think there's a solo category, just teams of 5 so unless we know of a few others who would be interested then I guess it'll have to be next year.

Would have been great to have a bunch of us on old Italian steel frames, downtube shifters etc, buzzing about at the back of the field

Slighty different concept Dave! At least with the Shimano event you can sit on a wheel.

Perhaps - if Pat considers it a success and decides to try again - we could get more organised? I may be able to get him to arrange a special category for old timers on old time bikes! (ie - me)

Thinking on it, even my 'newest' bike is getting to be retro :?

I think we can excuse Chris - but better planning for next year, right? (Hope it all goes OK for you both, best wishes. )

That's a great shame, I know Pat and his team put a lot effort into organising this (as they do for all his events) and its failure is in some ways a bit of an indictment on road riders. I would expect to find that most of the entries were not from pure 'roadies' but from tri's, vets, MTB'ers etc. who wanted to try something different.

Oh well, at least Mayhem doesn't suffer from lack of entries!

Back