Help the Aged.. (:

Re: Saggy bottom!

use Kronos springs (ebay) and you'll keep the damping. really good springs, and I had them in some 96 Judy Dhs. They slot straight in in place of the old elastomers.

:D

Thanks for above. Will check out suggestions. Never tried springs.. not sure how to fit or if i would like the ride. Have been advised to stay with elastomers as they were intended, but what ive seen on internet, dont quite look the same as I took out. Not sure what to do esp as more than one Xc out there..,
D

unscrew plastic top cap, remove elastomers and spacers, put spring in, replace top cap. Honestly, very simple, and a great upgrade.

But not simple for me to find the right ones. Saw some on Ebay last week saying for XCs, but seller wasnt sure which of the various XC models they were for. He advised against purchase. Knowing the year might help....

Ah... thank you so much. I had a feeling I got the discounted frame around 1995/96, but couldnt remember about the forks. Running lovely this evening on the 4 working elastomers. Would be good to have a full stack again tho. The forks pull out to about 80mm, so any change to springs will need short ones I guess..?
D

The dorks came on 50mm (1995) and 60mm (1996) travel.
Spring length stayed the same. Just the damper parts.

Get springs, the elastomers AFAIK are inferior to the MCU that where in there. Even the make your own set.
Judy had moved to spring mix in 1997 and full spring in 1998.

Sometimes you can have problems with them fitting in the top caps easily but they do go.

If your top cap has a rod attached they will be 95's, if not '96's.

The damper may be the problematic recalled ones, just check it has oil in it.

Back