Newfound respect for Mountain biking !!

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Just been out for a 10 mile blast through the hills, woods, lanes etc on the Mountain Bike.

Damn it was hard even with 24 gears :shock: :shock:

I have been cycling 40/50 miles most days on the roadbike and had forgotten just how hard it was even to cycle a few miles offroad. I was fun though but almost lost if a few times as the hydraulic brakes caught me by surprise :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Humm, I'm building up to that. Can't wait to get my new bike finished but last few bits taking a long time to find. :facepalm:

M-Power":22p36ecp said:
Humm, I'm building up to that. Can't wait to get my new bike finished but last few bits taking a long time to find. :facepalm:

Its been a few years and I had forgotten just how many variables off roading has, picking lines, mud, stones, weather, trees, animals, horse manure and nearly swiped a couple of crazy ramblers :p

When my son rode an MTB after five years of road only riding, he moaned like hell about the fact he could not keep up a constant cadence.

On te flip side, he was (is) so fit he made any climb look like a flat path he was up is so quick. :evil:

...I feel your pain. Went out and did 20 miles of trail riding earlier after having not been on the MTB for around 4 months (have bitten the roadie bug in a big way). I usually do 20-30 miles 3 times a week on the road bike at a nice average of 20mph. Managed just over 14mph average on the MTB which I was happy with overall especially as I could have carried on and done another lap :)

I try and mix it. That way I am equally slow for either discipline. A cyclocross bike is a good idea. Fast on and off road.

Back